Sign in to follow this  
munchies

broken tinsel lead on Q

So yesterday I finally got around to making a new box for my 12'' Fi Q D2. The box came out great, but when I went to put the Q in I noticed one of the tinsel leads was broken at the end where it connects to the terminal. I'm not sure how or when it happened. The gain on my amp (US amps XT4000D, 1500rms @ 1 ohm) is set about half way up and the bass boost is off. My question is what can I do about this? repair it? send it back for repair? Any help is appreciated, thanks

u gotta contact Fi about it. If you try to fix it yourself, you may void your warranty.

It doesn't matter where the gain is set at, it matters if it's been clipping or moving too much.

You can still clip a sub with the gain all the way down. The gain is not a volume control nor can it be used to estimate voltage input. It's best to either use an o-scope or take it to a shop who knows how to set them up properly.

I tell everyone, go to partsexpress.com and buy their velleman o-scope. When i bought mine it was only $250. After going through 3 sets of co-axials and 2 subs... i have never damaged a speaker since.

If it's at the end where it meets the terminal, you can simply solder it back on, very simple fix.

But check the warranty terms first...

If youd like to try that route first, no worries on the warranty being void. We are pretty lax on that side of things.

If not, please send the sub in to:

Fi Car Audio

Attn: Warranty

5480 Cameron St #107

Las Vegas NV 89118

Please include a sheet of paper with your name, address, email, and phone number in the box and we will contact you when it arrives.

Thanks,

Scott

If youd like to try that route first, no worries on the warranty being void. We are pretty lax on that side of things.

If not, please send the sub in to:

Fi Car Audio

Attn: Warranty

5480 Cameron St #107

Las Vegas NV 89118

Please include a sheet of paper with your name, address, email, and phone number in the box and we will contact you when it arrives.

Thanks,

Scott

So I tried to solder it and so far so good. Thanks Scott!

Well the solder isn't holding up and I think it would just be easier to send to the sub back in for repair. Anything else I should include before I send it off?

No sir, just everything that Scott listed in that post

Sign in to follow this