Sign in to follow this  
Jwills

Should I Buy 2 12" BTLs for SPL

Hey I'm currently thinking about buying 2 12" BTLs for SPL.... I drive a 2003 Tiburon GT and planning to put them in a full wall. Could someone give me some ideas about amps, what options to get with the subs, how much RMS do i need/can they handle, and If this is really the subs I should get? Thanks

Are you competing? Or do you just want to be the loudest guy on the block?

Other than amps and subs, you'll need to upgrade your electrical if you even want the system to play for decent periods of time and at a loudness you want. You'll need a High Output alternator and at least one large battery.

i think a sundown 3000 will do the job with a smile on its face with the correct upgreads and the BTls are SPL.... are you gonna run music too? as a daily set up? or just SPl only

Edited by bigjon

Ya i know i need a better alternator and I already have 2 good batteries from my last install (3 15" L7s got stolen from my truck).... and ya I do plan on sometimes listening to music but i really only care about SPL right now... Yes want to Compete with this car

The you'll want two Sundown SAZ-3000D's if you plan on going that route. One for each BTL.

Start thinking about Dual Alternators, or one HUGE one. Which batteries do you have?

4 runs of 1/0awg from the alternator to the Batteries. Then put a buss bar over the top of them in Parallel.

Run the grounds from the rear batteries to the front battery with 4 more runs of 1/0awg.

Pray that it's enough.

I'm now looking at 2 Hifonics Bxi2607 2600W amps.... one per BTL. Will that be enough. I would go with 2 Sundown 3000D but i simply don't have the money to get them now

Ya i kinda wanna stay with the BTLs but idk... ill see if i can get the money together to buy 2 12" BTLs and 2 sundown 3000d but if anyone one knows of any less expensive amps that can get the job done tell me but ill shoot for the 2 sundown ones! Thanks alot

Also a friend recently told me to go with a Hifonics XXV Cyclops again i would love to know peoples opinion. I would have near known that the other amp wasn't a good idea with out this forum. Thanks

i currently have 2 12" BTL's each powered by a kicker zx2500 and a kinetik hc2000 for each amp and the big 3 done and i hit 154.6 on the new term lab... i have pix of my setup in the general forum its under new setup....not quite finished...go with the BTL's i know you will be happy and get a box design from peter kulicki at hexibase.com he built mine and its the loudest chit i ever heard

Well.. I have taken your guys advice and I'm going to go with 2 12" BTLs and 2 SAZ-3000d. Hope this will do as well as everyone here says

Sign in to follow this