Sign in to follow this  
Hayabusa

Plan on starting my first HT setup soon

I plan on going 5.1 with my PS3 and a Martantz 7001. For speakers I wanted to go with a couple SDX7s and a pair of FR125S for my first 4 speakers and maybe use a peerless HDS for the Center speaker. For the sub portion I think I am going to go with a tempest-X and a 500 watt Bash amp. Do you guys think it is a good idea to use a full range to pick up at 800 hz and up since I hear that is there the SDX sweet zone is in the 50hz-800hz region. I'm not to sure how I should go about blending the SDX7 into my setup. Opionions? Ideas? :puzzled:

You want the front three speakers (left, center, right) to be all of the same kind, using a different center is going to screw things up tonally when audio pans left to right, and in vocals...

The FR125S definitely has enough oomph to get down below 1KHz, heck, there are people running them down to 40Hz but cabinet sizes go way up ;)

Should be a relatively easy crossover to build, not very complicated.

I plan on using a 3-way active crossover by Behringer. :-D. Do you think I should get CSS NEO8 ribbon tweeter to round everything off for the center speaker?

Edited by Hayabusa

What do you guys thinking of the AurumCantus G2 ribbon tweeter? I really don't even know what a ribbon tweeter is I just want something that will blend well with my setup and be an asset. heres a link to it: http://www.creativesound.ca/details.php?model=G2

I want to use it as my center channel by the way.

The front three should really have identical drivers in them.

I don't think CSS sells tweeters that they manufactor.

what should I chose to be my center speaker?

Whatever you use for the left and right, use that in the center. Exact same drivers, crossover points/slopes, etc.

oooohhhhh. I get you now. I thought you were talking about the same brand but you are talking about the same product got ya.

I am by no means an expert, but that is one thing I am happy I listened to others about. I am currently running 5 BA CR85's. Matching speakers and slopes/crossover points on the front L/R and center channels. I played around with different setting for the center and it just didn't work. Good luck on your project. :)