Sign in to follow this  
dustin420

ABC box help

does anyone have experience building this type of box? well for the time being im gonna use one atlas and figured since i've allways wanted to try this box design heres my chance. this is what i have so far. max dimensions 14-h 37-w 20-d so around 4.7cf, ok now i was gonna make chamber A 14x26x20 so 3.2cf and chamber B 14x11x20 so 1.2cf. now using one 4inch port 15 inchs long chamber a would tune to roughly 25hz and chamber b would tune to roughly 43hz. so how would this do? i tried to stick as close as possible to the 1/3 rule. also tuning that low will i lose my upper end response, like in the 60+hz range?

60Hz+ is getting into midbass territory...

ya i know but will the sub still sound decent on rock music with bass gutair and kick bass?

I've built an ABC enclosure before...tuned to 30Hz and 44Hz.

This was for a single 12 inch sub and I got port noise using a single 4 inch round port in each chamber.

Why do you want to build an abc enclosure anyways??

I've built an ABC enclosure before...tuned to 30Hz and 44Hz.

This was for a single 12 inch sub and I got port noise using a single 4 inch round port in each chamber.

Why do you want to build an abc enclosure anyways??

what 12 was it? i want to an abc box because a while back i remember a guy onn the ecoustics forum doing an abc box for 2 6.5's and metered like low 130's in a trunk car with a flat response from 40-65hz which i thought was very good coming from a box to me wouldn't be hard to design.

ABC boxes are a hit and miss kind of thing...don't expect great things from them just because a guy had good luck with one.

Mine was a wing it kind of thing. It was for a an old school JL Audio 12W6

ABC boxes are a hit and miss kind of thing...don't expect great things from them just because a guy had good luck with one.

Mine was a wing it kind of thing. It was for a an old school JL Audio 12W6

ya i know but that what turned me towrds these types of boxes.

the abc box I made got decently loud...a lot louder than 2.5 cu ft ported at 30Hz.

But it got sloppy...if you do it right it should turn out great