Sign in to follow this  
Guest zedman

you guys convinced me

Guest zedman

well I talked my wife into letting me order some deadener so I went with SSA I am not real excited about installing it so I will make my son do most of it after I rip everything out and redo the system. I am excited to listen to the difference in sound though. I even went as far as putting new good year wrangler silent armor tires on too just to get it quit on the highway. Ant is awesome to deal with so far as well. Thats all I have for now. Z

excellent product

easier to install than the asphalt based stuff I've used before

Guest zedman

I really hope it is better. The last time I did deadener was 1997. :wacky: I would think the advances in deadener has grown by leaps and bounds. I know it sucked then. Do you guys think 80 sq damplifier and 18 sq over kill will be a noticable difference? it is going in a 2 door Explorer. Have an awesome night. Z

Edited by zedman

I really hope it is better. The last time I did deadener was 1997. :wacky: I would think the advances in deadener has grown by leaps and bounds. I know it sucked then. Do you guys think 80 sq damplifier and 18 sq over kill will be a noticable difference? it is going in a 2 door Explorer. Have an awesome night. Z

Doing the doors definitely makes a noticeable difference and that should take far less than 80 sqft.

I hope to install the speaker tweaker kit here shortly.

Guest zedman
I hope to install the speaker tweaker kit here shortly.

I had thought about buying those as well but I already have spent waaay toooo much money on my truck this month. :D

At least that is what my wife keeps saying with the looks I keep getting when I talk about the truck. ohh well.

Guest zedman

This should be here tomorrow I may need more than I ordered though. I guess it only takes a week to get it so no big deal.

Guest zedman
This should be here tomorrow I may need more than I ordered though. I guess it only takes a week to get it so no big deal.

I got the supplies today now I just have to rip out the system and interior and put it in I will take pics and such and post in the build section. Thanks again Ant. Dane

Guest zedman
<--- awaiting install/build pics...

<-------- awaiting ^^^^^^ to help remove interior. :nothingtoadd:

Good luck on the install. I bought 40sqft to do my trunk and have 100sqft of fatmat to do the floors, headliner in many layers, lol! I will be getting more SS in the future to do the 4 doors. I wish I would have read up on SS stuff before I bought my fatmat. Oh well and yes I know they will take it back, but I feel it will suffice on the floors.

Guest zedman

my hands finally healed from all the cuts and the soreness has left as well. but the truck isnt done yet.

Guest zedman

Ohh yeah what a difference this made to the comfortability of driving on the highway.

I can't wait to load up both doors in the civic with Overkill to help with highway noise..

Guest zedman
I can't wait to load up both doors in the civic with Overkill to help with highway noise..

I used Overkill in the doors and behind the backseat man does it ever make a difference. When I am done with school I am buying a low mileage luxury car and doing the entire interior with all second skin products and I will enjoy it for ever and ever. Z