Sign in to follow this  
shizzzon

Rear window or glass glue crack potential...

in a hatchback, anybody personally experienced a setup where the subs were within 3.5" from the glass producing over 2,000w of power?

Is there any danger or am i worrying too much?

Eventually stuff is going to break from being rattled too much. There isn't a way around that.

OMG! i cant do it then, i quit!

Ok, maybe i'll give a timeline here.

I've never owned a hatchback before so i dont know what to look or hear for generally over time.

Is it possible that the rear window may need to be replaced once a year?

Now, i know that there isn't a yes or no to that but what i mean is like, i know the window wont crack or shatter but the adhesive holding the glass may start to give away over time.

this is an 07 so it's pretty strong on there right now.

I just really want to check and see if i should lower the height of the box or not. I raised the height to get my desired volume. If i lower it, it will be 8 inches from the glass and i will change from 2 12s to 2 10s. I don't have anything yet, i'm still graphing in AutoCAD.

Well there ya have it, whatcha think

ok, well thanks man. Just gettin a heads up on that little bit.

Now, gotta go reply to my other thread u replied on, lol

say man there is a guy on here that has a eclipse with 2 lm 18's with like 9k going to them.. well wait maybe it 3k for now and hes adding one more... i think.. i know he blows winshilds but im not sure about the back... but i would only imagen that you will have problems one day.

Bro try and breath...

i'm running way over 2000watts to a sub that weights about 100lbs and pushing the limits of sanity and i dont have anything blowing apart...

try going to an autozone and getting a lil door foam seal, and trimming where the window opens/closes

then use some form of sound dampener to stop the large areas of metal from flexing,

a lil common sense go's a Looooooooooooong way :slayer:

an ounce of PREVENTION beats a POUND of CURE...

thats deep and true

i'm installing 170 sq ft of sound deadening in my car already.

3 layers everywhere. Anything else left over, multiple layers in the back.

say man there is a guy on here that has a eclipse with 2 lm 18's with like 9k going to them.. well wait maybe it 3k for now and hes adding one more... i think.. i know he blows winshilds but im not sure about the back... but i would only imagen that you will have problems one day.

Hes got 2 LMS ultras on 4 SAZ-3000Ds at 1/2 ohm each and yeah he has problems keeping the fron windshield from cracking

Hes got 2 LMS ultras on 4 SAZ-3000Ds at 1/2 ohm each and yeah he has problems keeping the fron windshield from cracking

yeah yeah but the question is about the back glass.

well, since no one actually knows how well it would hold up, i went ahead and backed the height off a little. Instead of it being 3.5" away, it's 5.5" - 8" away depending on how i build the enclosure.