Sign in to follow this  
shizzzon

Audioque's New HDC3s

Before i start, go ahead and go to youtube and search for HDC3, there are already some videos of them in action.

I thought since nobody had any info on them that i would share what i have been told from the guy himself.

If you thought the old HD3s were loud, ...haha get ready.

There has been reviews about people doing direct swaps from HD3s to HDC3s and gaining, not loosing, gaining Dbs (not noticeable by ear, but by meter).

So, what to expect out of these?

The Fs rating on these subs are high, why?

The Parameters for these subs were taken fresh. Have not been "broken in" yet. The suspension is still stiff as hell. When an HDC3 is broken in, the Fs drops approximately 8-10 hz, which can be lower than the original HD3s!

Can they handle the lows?

After they are broken in, they can handle the lows just fine, :) If you have experience with the original HD3s then you know how low they can go and still be crazy loud. Just remember, they WILL get louder the longer you play them and get that suspension loosened up.

What size box?

Ported only, EBP is off the chart

The HDC3s can be ran as follows-

10" - 0.7 - 1.5. 1.0 is preferred to be the smallest recommended.

12" - 1.8 - 2.5. 2.0 is preferred to be the smallest recommended.

15" - 2.8 - 4.0. 3.0 is preferred to be the smallest recommended.

16sq in of port per 1 cubic foot recommended. 14sq in of port is the SMALLEST recommended per cubic foot.

Power handling -

Rated at 1000wrms

I was informed that this rating should be Strictly followed if you do not have the proper tools to setup your amplifier(s) properly.

If you do not know if this is you, you must have or know all of the following knowledge. If you do not know or have everything below, STICK with the rating of these subs.

Oscilloscope

Ammeter

Digital Multimeter

You must know how to use the tools above in the following manner-

Must be able to use oscilloscope to fine tune your entire frequency range without clipping.

Must be able to measure amperage and voltage output from amplifier to determine correct wattage output at any given frequency. (this is to properly setup it's thermal limits)

Must have your subwoofer configuration wired to your amp properly without going below the amps lowest rated ohm load.

Must be able to RETUNE your setup after using an oscilloscope to test mechanical limits and lower your output power if necessary to prevent damage.

Must know when to use small vs large enclosures with the amount of power you plan to use.

This list may sound ridiculous but for your own good, this list of information is what i gathered as just a summary of things you need to have\know so the NooBs vs the Experienced can be deciphered to give the proper information.

If you know or have all of the following above, PM me for the actual power handling specs of these subs.

It is not recommended that it be posted publicly because the manufacturer did not want to have lot's of returns due to improper installation.

If you are wondering what these subs compare to, here is my opinion-

Fi - greater than BLs, subpar with the BTLs

DD - 9500s is probable.