Sign in to follow this  
brent338

subs got jacked....

So woke up this am 4 work to find my back window busted out, tailgate left open... and my subs gone!!!! :puzzled:

didn't hear a damn thing... and I'm only 20 feet away or so from my truck.

I'm planning on a new sub build anyway.... but damn...WTF?

So sick of this crap...

So it appears that I have a need for a two way alarm, any suggestions...?

local audio place suggested a compustar, and wants 800$ to install it...

remote start, glass break, 2nd horn...the works...

I don't really care to put it in myself, but I might if it saves me some $, and is not tooo complicated.

IDK...

really want to catch these little F'rs.....

That sucks, sorry to hear. Probably the same puckers that got you last time.

you didnt get an alarm after the first time?

well i got robbed right across the street from the police station so beat that, haha.

happened 2 months ago.

So, i had to drop $2000 for a new security system.

Yes, $2k. I don't play when it comes to money.

Viper 5900 series with prox sensor, tilt sensor, 2 external sirens on battery backup, 3 internal peizo sirens, 2 additional internal sirens (same as the outside sirens), Ace Security Security film 3 Ply.

It's gonna take a gang of thugs to steal anything out of my car now.

oh and when you say too compicated, hehe, it took 3 days just to do my alarm system. then on the 4th day i had them install the security film. That took about 5 hrs just to do the driver and passenger door and 2 small windows behind it. Security film by ACE is thick.

^ a lil overkill if you ask me.

If they want it, they'll take it. No way around that. Best thing to do is tint your windows so you really can't see what's going on inside. OR if you decide not to go with tint, don't leave loose valuable items in the car and hide your install.

Also, be aware where you bump! Chill out in the neighborhood if that's where you keep getting jacked at.

Well, it was either that or a gun. I'm not saying going on a rampage but going to get my license and i would be the one to pull it out and shoot someone if i caught them.

That scenario is illegal if it were to happen so i was talked out of it and went with security.

The alarm does page me immediately so at least the most someone should be able to do is vandalize without theft.

its got a basic alarm in it... 1st thing I did.

time 4 two-way 4 sure...

the last little b-tards we almost caught, drove by and shot out my roomate's window...,

we jumped in my Jeep, and did 60 mph down the road caught up, and it was on...

cops on the phone, turn by turn directions... still, "we have no unit in the area"

... funny how they are always plenty camped on the freeway catching speeders... I guess thats the real crime these days.... :bull:

anyway, we caught up to em... and,

they got a REAL good look down the barrel of my 12 ga. :lildevil:

... u feel me Shizzon..? lol.

yeah I carry...

if i didn't live with someone who was afraid of weapons, i would do it.

Me and my cousin wanted to do it. He just wanted to because he likes the shooting range but both uf have that dilemma. Everyone we know is afraid of guns and are afraid if carried.

I should just shoot em... nah, hehe, just playin.

last time I checked McDonald's kills more than people carring... :gayhaaay1:

but I wont get into that here....

sad to see soo many antis these days...

IMO, your a citizen....

or a subject.

education is the key....

so violent lol, i aint shootin unless theyre in my house...unless your car is worth $80k+ and your system hits $6k+ a $2k alarm set off is a bit WAY to much...you can pay an extra 25 a month on your car insurance and have it fully covered lol...

yea but i also work on pcs and i have to carry a lot of loose equipment in the car.

I had just over $1,000 worth of equipment that they would not cover. Even if i had it locked away in a tool box somehow that was bolted to the car... if they got in and stole it they still would not have covered it.

And since the money lost is less than homeowners insurance deductible, can't claim it on their either.

And since i was being watched for someone to know what i had in there makes you feel leary.

yea but i also work on pcs and i have to carry a lot of loose equipment in the car.

I had just over $1,000 worth of equipment that they would not cover. Even if i had it locked away in a tool box somehow that was bolted to the car... if they got in and stole it they still would not have covered it.

And since the money lost is less than homeowners insurance deductible, can't claim it on their either.

And since i was being watched for someone to know what i had in there makes you feel leary.

sounds like you need one of those armored bank trucks...or a pomeranian lol...those lil bastards get pretty vicious when you walk by the window lol

the other day when i was setting my alarm...i musta accidently popped my trunk which is on a loaded spring so it swings all the way up...and i didnt know i had done that until the next morning...scariest 2.5 seconds ive had in a while...2 12s PG titanium 1200.1 amp PG by 9s PG cap and a custom box....

Brent, sorry to hear about this. Sounds like a crummy area. But great use of the emoticons. ;)

But I agree about tinting the windows.

yeah, tint is coming...was anyway.... too late.

darkest possible under the table kinda tint...

yup.

and a 2 way.

but being optimistic about everything...

I already paid 4 my new subs for the new build, hell they should be here tomorrow!!!! almost forgot. fing05.gif

Also, everything is covered threw Ins., so that money can go to new tint, and 2-way alarm....

and window... I'll have to take care of that today.

i dropped a G on my alarm aswell.

Sucks mang, but at least you got your stuff covered. I wish I did the same thing years ago when my whole car was stolen and taken to a chop shop. I just wasn't thinking. I only paid 400 for the car, which was a mint 85 Cutlass Supreme that some old lady didn't want because of the exhaust being bad, lol! I had over 6g's in sounds, 2g's in rims and tires and god knows how much in CD's and DVD's. Thing was, I only had liabilty on the car. :( So got nothing back in return but heartache and being pissed at the world and chalked it up for a lesson learned, a a hard one. Psst!

Oh yeah, I checked the blue book on the car and was almost 2g's in mint and only had 85,000 miles on it when I got it. I could have sold that car for close to 5g's. Man, I am getting mad just thinking about it.

Another thing, I had cars with tinted windows as well, actual the one I have has 20% right now and my old cavalier attracted many thieves. Only thing that kept them away was the alarm, which was an old viper something rather. Tint in my opinion don't do much. One guy said it, if they want it bad enough, they will get it. Just watch where you play your ish and that is the safest thing to do.

Edited by Bigbangtheory

So woke up this am 4 work to find my back window busted out, tailgate left open... and my subs gone!!!! :puzzled:

didn't hear a damn thing... and I'm only 20 feet away or so from my truck.

I'm planning on a new sub build anyway.... but damn...WTF?

So sick of this crap...

So it appears that I have a need for a two way alarm, any suggestions...?

local audio place suggested a compustar, and wants 800$ to install it...

remote start, glass break, 2nd horn...the works...

I don't really care to put it in myself, but I might if it saves me some $, and is not tooo complicated.

IDK...

really want to catch these little F'rs.....

a friend of my got like three PA horns and wired them to his security system... put them under seats and by god does it work...130 DB of anti-theft just a silly idea for the jokers among us lol