HHawk

Bigger alternator for Lexus IS 220D?

Well it seems I am facing a "small" problem.

I am looking to replace my current stock alternator with a bigger one. Anyways after searching here and on Google, I managed to find several companies who build and / or sell high output alternators, for example: HO alts, Ohio Generator, Iraggi Alts, etc.

But none of those companies have a high output alternator for my car: Lexus IS 220D (Diesel) make of year is 2007.

(yeah I am European).

The stock alternator is already pretty high (130A), but it's not enough to power: 2x SAZ-1500D strapped & 1x SAX-100.4 (bridged) & 2x Kinetik HC1800 batteries.

Anyone know a different brand or who do custom build alternators?

...or have any other advice at all for me?

Thnx.

Have you tried a local alternator shop to see if you can re-wind yours to a higher amperage? Another option is to find a larger Lexus or Toyota alternator and see if it will fit on your car.

Although, 130a seems about as high as I've ever seen a stock Toyota alt.

send irragi a email @ dominick@tds.net He takes a while to respond, but he is the only company who has said he can help me out. have patience and he will get back to you.

Try Excessive Amperage, He got me my 180 amp alt. for my camry.

I just recieved mine from Ohio Generator, they have been very helpful, I have an SC400, granted you've got a different animal there, but someone has to be able to work out something for you.

Check http://www.h-o-alternators.com/ also, they quoted me first, and were a little more expensive, but they may be able to help AT ALL if the others cant.

I just recieved mine from Ohio Generator, they have been very helpful, I have an SC400, granted you've got a different animal there, but someone has to be able to work out something for you.

Check http://www.h-o-alternators.com/ also, they quoted me first, and were a little more expensive, but they may be able to help AT ALL if the others cant.

Well I already contacted them (Ohio Generator), but they said they weren't able to help me... :S

Guess I will send Excessive Amperage and HO Alternators an email.

Regards.

Edited by HHawk

Okay I had to give up on a high output alternator!

Not one single company / person could get me a bigger alternator for my Lexus IS 220d (Diesel) from 2007!

I spend several months searching, emailing, shouting, screaming, crying and pulling my hair out (now I am bald) for a better alternator (more than 200A), but no succes at all.

Company's / people I have been in contact with: Excessive Amperage, Ohio Generators, Wrangler, Iraggi, HO alternators, Quality Power, Powermaster, Mechman, Mean Green and many, many more...

Even Nathan (Excessive Amperage) after supplying him with tons of emails, couldn't help me...

I guess if you have an European car, especially a Diesel sedan car, your really screwed.

Oh yeah, I did get an offer, which I had to refuse. Some lame ass Dutch company offered me a McLaren alternator 200A... For guess what price? 2000 friggin' Euro's!!!

Not in 2000 years...