aznboi3644

Do you think???

dood thats your car bleeding.. man i seen that vid along time ago.. it was one of two vids of AQ that launched a search for a new series of AQ... i could never find one so i scraped the idea,.... but thats sweet man, lemme ask you .. did it break the wood or the sheet metel

Edited by bigjon

Well, i am thinking the sub moved too much which caused damage to his sub, what are your thoughts?

That's the whole reason i had stated what i stated.

Even though sealed, you can still bottom out a sub if the box is large enough. Though at 0.4, maybe that's too large for that power... I do not know because i know nothing of this sub.

No, it didn't break anything. It was just to show the force. me and my friend would try to move the box ourselves and all it would do is rock the car back and forth like you were pushin it from both sides. Then we let it play music and well, you see what happens.

Pretty simple, he applied too much power to it. Mechanically it can't handle what it is rated for which considering it is an eD piece I am not surprised. It should have been obvious to the user though. :(

It is funny too as the Tangband that sub is a ripoff of is rated at only 120w. IMO eD should replace that as they are spec'ing it poorly, that thing can't handle anywhere near the power they say it can. Oh well, yet another reason to not buy from those idiots.

Wow...a problem with eD?

I would have never guessed.

I think you should make a new baffle for your tline and give it hell.

I do think they should refund your money or atlest repair it.

I don't know you yet but I like you already. :D

Side note, this is a large part why I ratted the Icon at 900rms.

aznboi, I am sorry eD is not covering this. :(

I've been emailing them for the past week telling them that they should warranty this since I used "speced enclosure" and "spec power requirements"

I've been emailing them for the past week telling them that they should warranty this since I used "speced enclosure" and "spec power requirements"

I would normally say start a topic on ICIX telling the people there about the problems with eD that seem to be persistent. But we all know it will only get deleted and you will get banned so they can pretend it never happened and continue to their ways. So instead, I would suggest keeping after them, and if they don't take care of their customers you might have to kick it up a notch.

I did start a topic...Ben's only reply was

Scion xB we demo uses .4cF and 450w on a SQ10.

Don't be dumb with it and your fine.

To get the former to the back of the magnet you need to rip the cone from the former itself. If you do that chances are good your doing something you shouldn't be :)

The first limitation on that speaker is spider landing to cone. Not former/back plate.

Then everyone else who has SQ10s came in and started to defend eD. I don't see how the spider/cone joint would fail first since the joint was in perfect condition but the former was bent up. fudge it...I'm tired of trying to get my chit warrantied over there.

In the emails back and forth with Alex he keeps telling me that the sub is still not warrantied basically because I used the recommended box specs and power.

Stop buying their product. Pretty simple. I have ED gear ive never had a problem with but if that was me i would just quit buying their hardware and supporting them. They should warrant a product that was used under the givin specs provided by the manufacture. Givin the SQ10 is what? A $70 driver? I wouldnt expect it to be very dependable tbo. Were you present when the driver failed? Are you positive there was no tampering with the settings?

This only makes it harder for small companies to make a name when this is continued to be allowed to happen.

I'd post and say "Let's see what Tang Band says", but I'm banned from the eD subforum anyway :D

This only makes it harder for small companies to make a name when this is continued to be allowed to happen.

I don't think you have any worries about SSA being confused for those goons.

Guest zedman

I would have to agree with the others. Buy new subs and don't support ed again. I wouldn't anyways. Z

I don't think you have any worries about SSA being confused for those goons.

I was speaking more on a grand scale for the industry.

That box in the video, did it have a lot of bracing in the bottom? If not could be that was why it moved the sub was blowing the bottom out like a balloon. The more flat area you have the less pressure it takes to move it. Anyway, this is not the first thread I've read about issues with their stuff. I wonder how it does IB with a Qts of .29? Seems like it would have popped a lot with that damage....back in the day I ran a lot of IB and I knew that sound well. That was the "all you can get" sound and you turned it down a little. Never had a sub that did it quietly either, that would make me wince every time I heard it. Only so many times and you are done.

SSF is a good idea if you are at limit of sub or amp. I run 15hz on my IB 12s only because they move some on quiet passages of some CDs. At 100w each I don't worry about xmax but they should not be moving like that and it could limit power on a crappy CD. Otherwise I want to play 20Hz if its there; that is why I have 4 12s IB. But a sealed should not be as affected unless it were really getting the power laid to it....or it was defective, the box leaked a lot, maybe feedback from bad input connection, etc. Have not used any shallow subs yet, but none seem to be rated for a lot of power. I know a bass cd will move my subs a lot more than any normal music. Have not tried my tones on them yet.

the SQ10s may say IB capable but 50 watts is enough to put the former to the back plate.

I've never buying or supporting eD again...F U C K them and there crappy warranty that they won't back up.

My infinity are 300wrms, the manual says half for IB. Seen other normal subs say the same, but ones with that low of Q are always not for IB. The only lower Q ones I have seen run IB are some large very expensive and high power handling subs used in HT. The larger and very HD subs with lower Q appear to be able to do IB.

Either way...Elemental Designs has a horrible warranty and horrible customer service. I'm never going to recommend them again.

dog poo > elemental designs

Edited by aznboi3644

It is really crappy they rate a rip-off copy of a Tang Band sub at way more power handling than Tang Band does, obviously the driver can't take it. :(

KSlice, this is a very typical scenario after a few more of these perhaps you will understand why when eD's name comes up name calling IS appropriate. Those puckers suck!

I find it funny that there was an eD topic about problems, then another one happened in real time. How ironic.

A while ago I was reading posts on audio boards looking for something I was researching and I kept finding 'eduh' everywhere, and not in a positive way. Don't know what board it was.

I'd post and say "Let's see what Tang Band says", but I'm banned from the eD subforum anyway :D

lol i'll be sure to mention tang band for ya....i'm about to write a response to the thread over there

just posted...let's see if they ban me

Edited by todd.brust