Sign in to follow this  
Sir_Stickybuds

40.1 repair

wondering the best place to get a 40.1 repaired, it was randomly going into protect for a little while, i tried to make sure all connections were clean and no wires were crossed and as far as i could tell all was ok(its in a hard to get to spot) well the other day it was pretty much stuck in protect so i shut off the sub out on my head til i could get somewhere to disconnect the remote turn on, guess i waited too long cause it smoked, whole car stinks.... so i need to know if u have a recommended repair person or should i take it to a shop in town that has repaired other amps of mine in the past. this was depressing. when it warms up a little i will pull it out and see if i see anything that may have caused it but right now it is too cold. probably from hitting all the damn potholes around here

Several good places - we can do it or you can go to Audiotekx or DB-R.

Let me know if I can help you.

Thanks,

Nick

probably from hitting all the damn potholes around here

It could very well be the cause.

Also, try not to mount it to the box after you get it fixed. The less vibrations, the better.

well just thought i would update now that it warmed up and i pulled the amp out, the amp blew up due to the back battery dying. so it drained the voltage and caused the amp to smoke. if only i could have unhooked it faster it would have survived. now to save the money for the repairs. visually i can not see what all has smoked but the whole side of the back panel near the power and speaker terminals is black from lettin out the magic smoke