Sign in to follow this  
jagman

XMech of Avalanche 18"?

I've searched the net but haven't come up with a number. The Xmax has been stated numerous times, just not the Xmech. I have two Avalanche 18's in an IB in my 3000 ft^3 HT and love 'em.

Thanks...

btw, great forum!

I don't know why Xmech would be useful, because once it moves over xmax, any subwoofer starts distorting badly and you experience a lot of power compression because the motor force drops dramatically.

I don't know why Xmech would be useful, because once it moves over xmax, any subwoofer starts distorting badly and you experience a lot of power compression because the motor force drops dramatically.

Maybe he just simply wants to know.

I wish I would know the figure, so I can help in the way the op wants :(

I wish I would know the figure, so I can help in the way the op wants :(

A person who gave me advice on another forum about my IB setup requested the info. It had to do with trying to avoid bottoming the drivers as I've tapped the bottom a couple times and would prefer not doing that anymore ;). I've seen it speculated to be around 40mm, but I would expect a bit less than that. 35-37mm seems about right to me, but it would be nice to know for sure. It's kind of hard to replace those drivers.

The mechanical limit of the 12 spoke basket is around 32mm one way. . . .

That's what I knew, but there seems to be a bit more space between the spider landing and the top plate in the 18inch baskets compared to the 10-15inch ones.

They can actually bottom the coil too. I am 100% for sure. . . . ;)

Edited by BKOLFO4

32mm... thanks! Sorry for taking so long to respond.

Glad we could help :)

They can actually bottom the coil too. I am 100% for sure. . . . ;)

I forgot about the coil :peepwall:

Sign in to follow this