cLutcH

Fi vs. RF vs. JL

Originally, I was looking for a Rockford Fosgate T215 sub. A buddy of mine could get it for me for $400 which is about half retail. Then i was recommended to Fi. Ive never heard a Fi product. Nor ever heard of the actual company. How are the woofers so cheap comparing? And how does Fi compare to RF. Or JL for that matter.....

They are cheap because-

They do not have to employ a humongous employment line.

They do not distribute their products to dealers creating a contract to advertise a certain MSRP which is always hella high.

They do not spend money to make the sub look like it's made of diamonds and gold and silver, etc...

What they do is have intelligence and manufacturer equipment that is cost effective and that has a good price to performance ratio.

There is no ultra inflation as you can see.

I feel the Fi BTL will walk away from the RF T2.

Comparing the BTL to the T2 isn't a fair match. I'm thinking towards the Fi Q15 to the RF T215 to the JL 13W7 in SQ and SPL. I want SQ most of the time because I'm not going to be blasting my music 24/7. I like my hearing :) . But when my buddies want to show off their systems I want to be able to take a dump on every single one of their speakers.

Comparing the BTL to the T2 isn't a fair match. I'm thinking towards the Fi Q15 to the RF T215 to the JL 13W7 in SQ and SPL. I want SQ most of the time because I'm not going to be blasting my music 24/7. I like my hearing :) . But when my buddies want to show off their systems I want to be able to take a dump on every single one of their speakers.

So with that said is it safe to say that the BL is better than the 13w7, and kicker L7s?

Better is subjective and installation dependent. Problem with the OP wish is that to have SQ "most" of the time and then be able to dump on other systems isn't really possible without a ton of woofers. By definition they are opposites. :(

it's hard to say what is better....it is always install dependent...but in response to the OP i would take the Q15 over the T2...cheaper and will do just as good in terms of output and probably better in SQ imho...as for the w7...it's in a completely different league...all of what you named are great speakers...but the Q is much cheaper than both and like i said will do just as good as both the T2 and w7

So with that said is it safe to say that the BL is better than the 13w7, and kicker L7s?

From what I know, 13W7's have EXCELLENT SQ. And the L7's (which I've heard) are purely SPL. Kicker's slogan is "Livin' Loud". They do not try to get good SQ. If you buy any kicker subs, all you are looking for is SPL.

I have heard two Rockford Fosgate 12 in. P3's in a ported box. The bass was so smooth and it hit pretty low. Rockford Fosgate has both SQ and SPL.

Summary

JL = SQ

RF = SQ + SPL

Kicker = SPL

These are the generalizations are not accurate. Kicker has won SQ competitions with both the L7 and SoloX. Meaning the end result is highly effected by the quality of the install.

Are we comparing companies or products here?

Summary

JL = SQ

RF = SQ + SPL

Kicker = SPL

Summary, it's totally install dependent and given the right install any one of those could be made to sound like ass easily.

Honestly, I think the Fi Q stands up very well to the W6v2 in terms of accuracy, for all the engineering that went into the W7 I'm not really a fan of it.

yes, as much that went into the W7 and as much as they cost, never heard one yet that did anything close, SQ, or SPL wise to my Q15. When my Q15 was ported (on a RF p1000-1 mind you) i walked over L7's and W7's all day. And still sounded great, Now sealed, I like the sound of myQ better than any W7 i've ever heard. But like they said it depends a lot on install. Many people buy JL and expect the world, but do crappy install. JL makes good woofers, Only reason I hate JL audio and can't stand the company is because they brag about all their technology and innovations and how no one can do what they do, yet many do more then what they do for a lot less.

Money aside, they are all great woofers it's all install and how much you want to spend.

From what I know, 13W7's have EXCELLENT SQ. And the L7's (which I've heard) are purely SPL. Kicker's slogan is "Livin' Loud". They do not try to get good SQ. If you buy any kicker subs, all you are looking for is SPL.

I have heard two Rockford Fosgate 12 in. P3's in a ported box. The bass was so smooth and it hit pretty low. Rockford Fosgate has both SQ and SPL.

Summary

JL = SQ

RF = SQ + SPL

Kicker = SPL

These are the generalizations are not accurate. Kicker has won SQ competitions with both the L7 and SoloX. Meaning the end result is highly effected by the quality of the install.

x2 :+1: add eleventybillion

like previously mentioned...install dependant.

but grab the q anyway. you'll get at least two for the price of the other drivers (closer to three vs the w7) and you'll have something noone else has in your area. and you'll have a very high quality product to boot!

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer: