Sign in to follow this  
hayes55987

what do you guys know about the Audioque HDC3?

hey guys! just checking if you had any information about the Audioque HDC3 sub? I've seen some things on the internet about them being comparable to the BL

but judging by the specs, they appear to be a bit more SPL oriented then the BL's

let me know if you've heard anything good or bad!

or which one you'd pick between HDC3 or BL

All I know is that there has been a great deal of hype on the boards, but I know very little about the driver so I will let others explain.

I have not dealt with them personally, but from what Ive heard....

Its a poor mans Digital Design sub, compare to say the 9500 line up.

great spl sub for the price, but not too many people run them... which is what led me away from them.

There are a few on the forum that run, or used to run them... maybe they'll chime in.

yea...thats kind of the same reputation i've heard about them

if you're on a budget and wanna hit some decent numbers use them

but other then that ive just heard "they punch man" and "these woofers hit"

lol

hopefully someone can give me a bit more of a review on em!

but other then that ive just heard "they punch man" and "these woofers hit"

Well, for the demographic they're marketed towards, you're either going to get SPL numbers or reviews like that, what else are you looking for? :D

haha yea

thats pretty much what i figured

but i was just hoping for either a bigger review on them or a comparison to the Fi BL

you'll get a lot more info about them over on ROE's forum but i'll tell you what i have found out about them from reading over there.

Compare the HDC3 to the BL, haha, thats what you think!

There over there comparing the HDC3 to the BTL, does that raise your eyebrow yet?

Power ratings for the HDC3 are there for the people who are new to car audio and dont know all the little details about gaining the most output from a sub by overpowering it without failure.

Now, here is what to know-

IF you don't know every tip or secret about running subs with more power safely, then power an HDC3 with 1,000-1,500 amp.

IF you know a decent deal and ARE going to be upgrading electrical system, alt + batt(s) if necessary and money doesn't choose your electrical system for you, then run a 2K amp on 1 HDC3.

If you know a LOT and money is no restriction and are going for loud, LouD, LOUD, run a 3K amp to each HDC3. You MUST know how to setup x-overs properly when doing this and building boxes or else you will end up with damage.

They supposedly sound like DD subs audibly(not sq-ish type sub but suppose to be better sounding than an actual DD sub), they weigh a lot(example - shipping weight for 1 12 is 52lbs, just sub, cardboard and Styrofoam), they can take a lot of abuse, i know this personally because i own 2 of the older AQs and these are suppose to be even more heavy duty.

They are considered one of the best "get hella loud" subs out there for the money. Nobody can say The loudest for the money because they might be wrong but is definitely a killer sub.

I'm planning on going with Fi or AQ myself. I've done AQ before and was blown away. People on here do Fi and are blown away.

AQ seems to be a nice "china" made sub.

Id really like to see one compared to a IA DP, seems there in the same class.

Only bad thing is, 5 other companies "share" the same motor as the AQ. Thats a real big down fall for going to china, they sell the motor to everybody.

yea

i've been reading up on them over on the realm of excursion forum.

they seem to be a cheaper DD style sub as someone on here stated

i'd always heard they were geared more towards similiarities of a BL...just because of the power handling is a little touchier and watnot

but yea...in summary it seems they're the giant magnet, power beasts, very much so SPL oriented, budget subs

I'm not that big into running subs over their RMS so i'm not to worried about that. Being I dont have the cost to buy bigger amps, my electrical would clip the hell out of it and probably burn it. so I saw the RMS rating and what my amp'll put out and the BL and figured id see what you guys had to say

thanks for all the input!

Fi equipment would be the route i would take if i were you.

the BL or the Q would be great.

well currently I have an 18" BL running off a JBL BP1200.1 in about a 5.8 cu ft box @ 34 Hz

i'm just expanding my options for possibly some cheap competition subs. I might think about them as a daily driver...but they have such a high Fs it worries me a bit although i read that it goes down considerably with break in. they would appear to me to be even less musical then the BL haha

so i was just thinking maybe like 3 10's of theirs or something on maybe 4Kw

just playing around with options

heres some more info-

Fi's T/S parameters are taken AFTER break in.

AQ's are taken fresh, stiff suspension and everything.

Fs drops 8-10hz below what they are rated at after suspension has loosened up. that's why i put AQ in my list of top choices for my daily driver.

the point at which the driver resonates

AQ seems to be a nice "china" made sub.

Id really like to see one compared to a IA DP, seems there in the same class.

Only bad thing is, 5 other companies "share" the same motor as the AQ. Thats a real big down fall for going to china, they sell the motor to everybody.

ill let ya guys kno on them DP's, my install will be finished in bout 3 weeks.. runnin the new 2008's. have two 15 inch DP's runnin off of a IA40.1,, in a slot ported box with about 10 cubic feet , tuned to around 40 Hz