bs1991

Kicker L7 with Zx750 Enclosure Help

I have a kicker L7 in a sealed box (its dumb I already know) and a kicker zx750 I am looking to buy a bigger box ported box (3 cubic feet or so) but have been warned about the lack of quality in some boxes.

Which one of these would be a better choice?

Option 1 or Option 2

Or are these not the best choices for an enclosure at all?

The ebay one would be better if you HAD to buy one. But why not build your own? It'd save you money.

Post edited due to the use of mind altering drugs...

Nothing to see here, everybody just move along :P

Edited by Big Shot

I can't build one because I don't have the tools and I don't know how, and the local car audio shops want to charge me over 200 dollars to build one for me. So the ebay one is a good choice?

I can't build one because I don't have the tools and I don't know how, and the local car audio shops want to charge me over 200 dollars to build one for me. So the ebay one is a good choice?

brendan dude this is the first time ive seen some one else who spelled my name the same

lol

Ok I bought a new box, and it is 3 cubic feet, custom built to kicker specs, but now I have another problem. I was listening to it and my car started to smell really bad, and it was coming from the port, so I turned it off completely. I played it very quietly again to make sure it wasn't burnt out, and it wasn't but now I am not sure what to do. It used to be in a sealed box 1.4 cubic feet. Can anyone offer some advice?

Well I set the bass boost half way up and then turned the volume on the head unit 75 percent of the way up and then turned the gain up until it sounded bad, then turned it down

Edited by brendan

turn that bass boost off please...the gain is all you need.

Sounds like you burn some of the coil...it should be ok though if you turned it down quickly.

I hate all of those AudioEnhancer boxes....all of them are crap

Yeah I didn't get one of those boxes. So if I turn the bass boost down all the way I won't have to worry about doing any damage to it? The guy at the car audio shop told me the sub would have to get used to the box and that was the problem.

the sub will have to get used to the box? how just how is it supposed to do that? go ask him that and report back to us, please.

in all reality, your sub is probably broken in. you've already played the thing in the sealed box, correct? problem is you went from a smaller sealed box to a large ported box. the enclosure is just way more efficient, and so the sub is moving much more freely now . also, because the rear of the sub isn't sealed up anymore, you're getting the coil smell in vehicle instead of it staying in box. and that's caused by pushing it a bit hard, clipping and or a combination of both.

as listed above, turn the boost off. turn your gain all the way back down and reset them. do not use the boost. does your head unit have sub control? if so, turn it all the way up as well. that way, with your gain set, you'll be less likely to clip the hell out of it at full tilt. but always be mindful as you were. if it starts to smell, turn it down.

sub has to get used to the box? wtf is that? lol.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Yeah I didn't get one of those boxes. Th So if I turn the bass boost down all the way I won't have to worry about doing any damage to it? The guy at the car audio shop told me the sub would have to get used to the box and that was the problem.

WOW!! Never heard that before.

Yeah I thought it sounded stupid too thats why I asked you guys. I hate those guys at the car shop they just want you to buy the stuff they are selling. I'll tune it again thanks for the help