my xplod amp cuts in and out. I think it might have something to do with the remote since over a year ago the insulation rubbed off the wire and it came into contact with metal and burned all the insulation off. it didnt work for maybe a week, then when I tried it again it started working but it was real quiet then started working like normal. could it be fixed and how much would it cost?

its a sony xplod 1600-GSD (i think)

Class D mono amp

There is a lot that culd be wrong. When it is cutting in and out is the power light orprotection light coming on or off. It could be the RCA's are bad, could be a bad ground, could be a loose power connection, could be too low of an ohm load for amp amp and it is going into protection, could be a faulty amp.

So did you run a new remote wire? If the insulation was burned off, you should think about sealing it up or running new wire. Other than that, most of the stuff described in the previous post could be potential problems. Sony amps like to overheat, even at "stable" loads, so I guess another question is: is the heatsink incredibly hot when it cuts out?

the "incedent" happened in another vehicle. and the amp is running 4 ohms so thats not the problem.

I dont think its the RCA's but im not too sure. The previous vehicle it was in I used different RCA's than the one its in now.

oh yeah and it started cutting out if I turned the volume on the stereo down too low but it gradually kept doing it until it now it doesnt matter how strong of a signal its getting.

the amp is no where near overheating and Its never overheated b4 no matter how hot it was in the vehicle and how loud I bumped it.

I think I remember the power light going off when it happened, no protection lights turned on.

My Pioneer HU got jacked awhile back so I have no way of testing it out again until I get something else set up. Im trying to decide if im gonna sell it or save it to build a different system later on.