johnecon2001

Get your cheap Oscilloscopes here!

Guest zedman

You will never get those O-scopes for free. or any product from that company. Z

Edited by zedman

though for 50 bucks. it's still a good deal if they follow thru with a win.

Guest zedman

I applied to work there. They are a very small company that buys surplus directly from the base they are even located on the base. They get prices that are in line with the equipment from other places. if you can get the same scope somewhere else for $500 you can be assured they will be somewhere near that. They will not go for very cheap. Good luck though. Z

I'll tell you one place you can find cheap o'scopes and other measurement gear - ham radio swapfests/markets.

There'll be one upcoming in Raleigh, NC in about a month...I usually go there for tubes and other small items, but I always see piles of working scopes going for under $100. Sure, there's vacuum-tube based ones you probably should steer clear of, but I see deals like that on solid state stuff too.

I applied to work there. They are a very small company that buys surplus directly from the base they are even located on the base. They get prices that are in line with the equipment from other places. if you can get the same scope somewhere else for $500 you can be assured they will be somewhere near that. They will not go for very cheap. Good luck though. Z

They're based out of Arizona actually. I've driven by their office. The parent company is in DC.

They're based out of Arizona actually. I've driven by their office. The parent company is in DC.

From the website http://www.govliquidation.com/help/details.html#q_55

Q: Where is GL property located?

A: Government Liquidation surplus inventory is located at 150 different sites throughout the Continental United States, Alaska, Hawaii, Guam and Puerto Rico. Most of our sites are located on or near military bases. For a complete listing of GL sites, please click on the Locations tab at the top of the page.

I got this from there website no where does it say they are based out of Arizona. Yes the parent company is from washington but I do not see the post anymore that that other guy posted it must have been erased.

Jimj, would you please shoot me a PM when you get a chance about the one in NC when you get a chance? I live in MB SC and that would be worth the drive to me to get one. No one has anything locally, most shops don't even have DMM :(

Thanks a lot.

My scope is better then a date, it is a sure thing. $300 for a scope isn't nothing. Come on guys.....I have it in the FS section.

From the website http://www.govliquidation.com/help/details.html#q_55

Q: Where is GL property located?

A: Government Liquidation surplus inventory is located at 150 different sites throughout the Continental United States, Alaska, Hawaii, Guam and Puerto Rico. Most of our sites are located on or near military bases. For a complete listing of GL sites, please click on the Locations tab at the top of the page.

I got this from there website no where does it say they are based out of Arizona. Yes the parent company is from washington but I do not see the post anymore that that other guy posted it must have been erased.

Read : http://www.govliquidation.com/contact/

A tech told me if you don't see a picture of a good trace on the screen and they specifically say it works properly, then it does not and fixing one and getting parts is not easy....non-working ones are not even worth shipping in his opinion unless you are skilled enough to repair them yourself.

Why not just go to the source? Much of the Gov equipment is sold through the DLA DRMS (Defense Logistics Agency Defense Reutilization and Marketing Service). See if there is going to be an sale near you.

http://www.drms.dla.mil/

Ignore that last post. MY bad.

I guess in the last couple of years DRMS has moved everything to private contractors and is making most of the auctions on-line. Seems you have to go through GL for it now.

Just another way for the Gov to get less money and private contractors to get more.