Sign in to follow this  
themerc

Your favorite Q15 ported enclosure?

I've got a Q15 with BP Power in 4 cubes @ 32Hz with 58.5 sq. inches of port powered by a Sundown Audio SAE-1000D in my grand marquis, and I want to try a new enclosure. This is a trunk car and the seats do not fold down.

What were your favorite enclosure specs for the Q15?

try sub up port back. I did that in an LTD and it was loud as hell.

Maybe I should rephrase this thread.

Okay. I listen to rap, rock, and reggae... mostly rap. I want the best performance out of my Q15. I can put the spare tire in the backseat if needed. I want to best utilize the space. What do you suggest I do?

Here's a link to my build thread on SMD (don't worry it's only 1 page long) to give you an idea what my trunk looks like.

http://www.*****.com/board/ind...mp;#entry259900

Here's a list of the equipment:

Panasonic CQ-C7103U

(4) Infinity Kappa 682.7CF's

Sundown Audio SAE-1000D

Sundown Audio SAX-100.4

Fi Q15 with BP power in 4 cubes @ 32Hz

(2) Kinetik HC1800's

Duralast Gold Group 65

Excessive Amperage 250A alternator

Knukonceptz Kolossus 1/0 gauge

Elemental Designs eDead v1SE

Are you just trying to get more output out of the Q or just looking for a different sound? If its output, I suggest removing the rear speakers and leaving those opening as vents into the cabin. It makes a big difference in my opinion. If you still have to have those rear speakers, I would suggest relocating them to the rear doors. Or ditch them altogether and just run front stage.

I have a 2004 Crown Vic, so im pretty much use to that car and its qurks. I ran just fronts and subs in mine for almost a year and sounded great, no issues. Just a suggestion....

Edited by tez4life

Yeah I guess I'm looking for more output... but I don't compete or anything, so I want it to sound good with music. I hate this car when it comes to speakers. I already thought about relocating the speakers to the rear doors but there isn't enough depth. I thought about doing kick panels up front but the e-brake is in the way. I ran with a pair of CDT 5.25" components up front only and it just wasn't the same. I'd like to leave the speakers in the stock locations for now.

Edited by themerc

Very clean build. Hate to see that it has to go.

Sign in to follow this