Biabia

Gnomeaudio

awesome to have ya here man!!!

hopefully it'll pick this part of the forum back up!!

has gnome decided on the un-assembled pre-cut box deals yet?

if he has..maybe post a price list..

i think that's a cool idea for ppl wanting to learn how to build boxes..and it gives them an easy first step!

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Well I haven't talked to Donn about that really yet. Most likely once he gets his routing machine, we'll be doing that a lot more often and selling cheaper.

That is a great idea. I like building boxes but unfortunatelt do not have the tools to cut wood. I know, I should get some:) Usually Home Depot or Lowe's will not do precision cuts and when they do, they are not very accurate.

Well, when I cut my wood, the majority of my wood is a certain length. I just have them cut that length and I finish the rest at home. Makes it easier to carry and handle myself.

i go it solo...use my 7.25 circular saw, 5.25 trim saw, jig saw, 10 table saw, 10 compund miter box, 10 radial arm saw, 3 joiner/planer, 14 bandsaw and the trusty old drill press(sanding drum).

oh yeah can't forget the two belt sanders, orbital sanders and the four cordless drills(14.4 dewalt[dads],12craftsman[grandpa],12 black and decker, and 14.4 ryobi). musn't forget the 1/2 horse plunge router and the black and decker rotary tool..

of course what makes it really nice, i only bought two of the cordless drill(b&d,ryobi) and the trim saw came with the ryobi.....hehe

it's nice haveing a grandpa with a wood shop in his basemen..hehe

but the main thing..is patience. regardless of what kind of box and what tools...taking ur time makes all the difference in the world. walking away when u get frustrated leads to fewer mistakes...and a better finished product.

i love making enclosure's, watching them come together and seeing how well they fit when i'm done. and the ultimate reward is the sound....when it gets low, when it hits hard and when it gets loud...how can you top that?

only with..

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

chit, i have to think of what I have-

uh - five 18v drills (one XLR dewalt $$$)

3 circular drills

2 rotozips

3 jigsaws

and a lot of other misc chit - probably around 15k in tools

Router by far has been my best investment, well, that and the Jasper jigs for it. I just hate having to buy bits. Maybe I should spend the money on a dedicated plexi bit so I don't burn the carbides up as quick. Either way, Good to have ya here!

I also just found out that I can buy plexi glass at cost, so I am going to look into making plexi enclosures soon.

i need a box made...

i would like a price and who i need to talk to... i dont' have the tools to do it myself. i can assemble it though

measurements are

h - 16 at the very max

l- 36.5

w- 15.5

tuned to 31hz

and ported...

and a 15in one of these http://www.soundsplinter.com/rlp_premium_s..._subwoofer.html

is going in it

throw in a price of one of those plexi's also... :)

You guys all have WAY too many tools. I wish I had half of that stuff. I have a jigsaw, cordless drill and that is it!. I would love a few other things like Circular Saw, Plunge Router, Table Saw, Electric brad nailer and a few other choice tools.

I know how to work with Fiberglass. Depends on what you want and if you want a custom mold, I don't know if I can help you with that since you're so far away.

I don't think he needs any help with fiberglass :P

tru tru alex,

but i dont think he knows me so he's just offering to help..... :rolleyes:

i was asking to see if you guys do more then build boxs, i build boxs also plus do custom work like fiberglass, carbon fiber ect ect............. :slayer: