Sign in to follow this  
cLutcH

Q10's

Are the Q10's good speakers? I was once told that 10's are the best speakers to work with because you can tune them to do anything. (Hit high, low, deep, loud, accurate, ect.) Is this true? Can I get a few 10's and depending on the setup I could make them loud, low and deep with accuracy too? Let me know if this is a stupid question

What you said.... made absolutely no sense whatsoever.

At No Point did you make a complete thought.

Everyone in this thread is now dumber having read what you posted...

You receive no points...and we move on..

Hehe, i just had to do it. That's on some movie, can't remember.

Ok, for someone to tell you that about 10s is, to bluntly put in, ghetto knowledge.

ghetto knowledge= very basic knowledge but cannot explain why anything works the way it does.

When you say 10s can be used to do all those things, you are probably referring to putting 10(s) in a ported enclosure(one with at least 1 opening).

Ported enclosures can and are tuned to sound basically however you want them to, high, low, accurate, etc...

This is not driver size relevant!

But on a side note, people do tend to refer to 10s as having that more punchy bass sound.

but that also has to do with other things. 12s can be punchy sounding too and so can 15s.

Everything is in the install.

Ported enclosures can and are tuned to sound basically however you want them to, high, low, accurate, etc...
Except they're always going to have some shortcomings compared to other enclosure types, just as other enclosure types have shortcomings compared to ported enclosures :)
but that also has to do with other things.

Like lack of experience, for one. :)

But isnt it true that 15's or 18's for that matter are sloppy as hell no matter what install you decide to include them in. Just too much matter to move to be able to hit every beat, or even fall behind? I had 2 CVR12's and at quick spots it couldnt keep up at all, not to mention it fell behind for a split second. Almost like it had to clear itself of power before it could hit a long deep note.

But isnt it true that 15's or 18's for that matter are sloppy as hell no matter what install you decide to include them in. Just too much matter to move to be able to hit every beat, or even fall behind? I had 2 CVR12's and at quick spots it couldnt keep up at all, not to mention it fell behind for a split second. Almost like it had to clear itself of power before it could hit a long deep note.

Sir please read the paper about woofer speed. Size has very little to do with transient response. Enclosure is a HUGE factor in the response and how "quick" or how "punchy" the bass will sound.

My 18 inch sub hits quick as ever and is punchy as hell. Myths are funny.

http://stereointegrity.com/docs/WooferSpeed.pdf

The movie is Billy Madison...

But I have one Q10 in .65ft^3 sealed box and I love the way it sounds. Very smooth and plays all music VERY well. I'm feeding in about 900rms, wish I had more. It doesn't get as loud as I had hoped though...

Sir please read the paper about woofer speed. Size has very little to do with transient response. Enclosure is a HUGE factor in the response and how "quick" or how "punchy" the bass will sound.

My 18 inch sub hits quick as ever and is punchy as hell. Myths are funny.

http://stereointegrity.com/docs/WooferSpeed.pdf

Whawt kind of box is your 18 in? Is it a Q?

my 18 is and eD 19Ov.2 in 6 cubes ported at 40Hz. Meant for loud daily. I'm working on a port plug to drop the tuning down to 31Hz.

Sign in to follow this