DSC00101.jpg

DSC00100.jpg

DSC00102.jpg

Floor on:

DSC00103.jpg

DSC00104.jpg

DSC00106.jpg

UPS dropped this off last night as well

Today I had the opportunity to build the amp rack for the Orion 2500D and 8004. The two distribution blocks are also mounted on the rack. Here is how it went down:

DSC00107.jpg

I used stainless steel 10-24 and 8-32 t-nuts and hardware.

DSC00123.jpg

All of the cables will come up from beneath the false floor, so I used plastic snap in grommets.

DSC00120.jpg

DSC00122.jpg

DSC00117.jpg

DSC00124.jpg

DSC00125.jpg

DSC00126.jpg

DSC00128.jpg

No comments!?

I'll have to do better next time I suppose, but for now:

DSC00129.jpg

DSC00130.jpg

DSC00131.jpg

DSC00136.jpg

These little boogers are going in the doors.

Tweeters should be in on Wednesday. Look for updates then.

Edited by kbkid

I appreciate the comments. Its taken some time, but I think it has turned out pretty good.

The tweeters came in today, so I'll toss the pictures up of them later.

Love how you used the grommets... Very clean install. I like installations where everything looks stock much more than ones that stand out and look custom. It takes much more effort to create that seamlessness.

Love how you used the grommets... Very clean install. I like installations where everything looks stock much more than ones that stand out and look custom. It takes much more effort to create that seamlessness.

Thanks!

Yesterday the tweeters were delivered. I picked up the Seas textile dome from Madisound.

DSC00144.jpg

DSC00142.jpg

DSC00141.jpg

I also picked up some Techflex to cover all of the wires in the back. I at least wanted to cover all of the power and ground cables as well as the speaker wires. We'll see how that works out. In the pictures you also see some 3/4" heatshrink for the 1/0.

DSC00137.jpg

The plan is to glass some tweeter pods in the a pillar. Though I've only done minor glass work, this will be the first time worrying about it looking nice. I'm waiting until everything is installed before I glass them so I can figure out where they should be pointed after hearing them.

I had the chance this morning to run most of the wires on the amp rack:

DSC00145.jpg

DSC00148.jpg

DSC00150.jpg

DSC00152.jpg

DSC00153.jpg

DSC00154.jpg

Also ran into this little girl:

DSC00064-2.jpg

DSC00064-2.jpg

:o:faintthud:

I can take snakes, and reptiles all day, but spiders i'll have nothing to do with them.

Other than the spider, i love how you are doing this build, very clean. great attention to detail. Cant wait to see the final product

Today I got the fans wired up and cables hidden as well as the main ground in the back made. I'm not posting the pictures of it because honestly its nothing exciting. Tomorrow I go in to work early so I won't have any time to work on it.

I'm in need of a new battery as well so I might possibly pick something up later this week.

Edited by kbkid

Great choice on tweeter, very clean work.

Thanks guys.

Any suggestion on a new starter battery that could also hang with the stereo system. I had the chance to pick up a G31 Yellowtop for a pretty nice price, but it won't quite fit in the engine bay. I'd like to keep it below $250 if possible.

You mean just a regular Group 34 or whatever. I'm pretty sure I can get the regular sized Yellowtop for $150ish.

I may put two Deka Intimidators up front and hopefully that will be enough to take care of all of the equipment. I think the truck has something like a stock 130A alternator so that should hold me over for now.

I may put two Deka Intimidators up front and hopefully that will be enough to take care of all of the equipment. I think the truck has something like a stock 130A alternator so that should hold me over for now.

Those will work just fine.

I've looked under the hood on a 02+ Explorer many time and you must seen the same things I do, about fitting 2 batteries.

I also can fit triple alts.

I have to have one soon, to start building a system in.

Triple alts? That wasn't quite figured into my budget...

I might have an update or two later this week on these. I'm gonna check Autozone and double check the prices for the Optimas.