~Mitch~

Interested in getting 3 RL-i 8's..good idea?

Hey guys just looking for some opinions on this. Right now I have a JBL W15GTi in 6.5cuft @ 35Hz running off an Earthquake PHD5000 monoblock. I have a Sony MEX-BT5000 head unit and American Bass 0 gauge wire. So that's my system...anyways the point is I'm getting an 88 Chrysler LeBaron and somehow I just don't see my big box fitting in it. I don't really want to make a smaller box because I like the way it sounds now, plus I'd like to have some trunk space anyway. So this is where I thought of selling my JBL and buying 3 Soundsplinter RL-i 8's in 2 or 3 cubes tuned to 35 ish Hz? I think this would better suit the car and with the surface area of 3 8" cones I could have the high and midd bass as well as some lows. This is all just an idea though because I'd have to sell my 15" first. Does this seem like a good idea and if not are there any other suggestions? Thanks in advance.

RL-i's are awsome subs. I have 2 in the wife's car ('04 VW R32). 1.5 cubes, 34hz, Directed 1500D, 140 on the TL mic, and sound clean while doing it too. You'll love them if that's what you go with. :drink40:

Yeah I've heard a lot of good things about them. I just wanted to get some opinions because I do really like my 15 but it just seems better to have a smaller box and actually have a trunk. I've never heard an 8" before, but I know theres a big difference from a 15 to a 12, and a 12 to a 10. Is there a noticeable difference to the 8" sub? I'm guessing it would kick pretty hard.

Yeah I've heard a lot of good things about them. I just wanted to get some opinions because I do really like my 15 but it just seems better to have a smaller box and actually have a trunk. I've never heard an 8" before, but I know there's a big difference from a 15 to a 12, and a 12 to a 10. Is there a noticeable difference to the 8" sub? I'm guessing it would kick pretty hard.
To the extremely acute hearing maybe, but if done right, you really won't be able to tell. Hell, people this she has 2 12"s in her car all the time, lol. Imagine the look on peoples faces when they see 2 8"s, lol. :neil:

The RL-i 8 is impressive, but it is out of stock, so check out the RL-i 10. Three of them will still sound just as good, and have the potential to get louder.

And not really take up hardly anymore space.

Which is why I went with the 10. Size wise it isn't a whole lot smaller from the measurements on their page, so it would end up taking the same amount of space almost. I still can't believe the sound that comes from it. I’m so impressed I’ll be coming back for more when I need it.

Edited by lillitnn92