Sign in to follow this  
tuckedciv

enclosure for icon 12

i have a 2005 civic 4 door. 1kw to play with and enough space for 4 cubes in the trunk. i just bought a icon 12 and want to make up an enclosure for it. i want it to be loud to the ears and still sound good and flat. what would you guys recommend?

forgot to mention i listen to stuff with a lot of lows like snoop and bass tracks, but that the same time i switch it up with korn slipknot mudvayne...the heavier stuff

1.0-1.2 ft^3 sealed

2.25ft^3 ported @ 32hz

depending if you like sealed or not, either one of those suggestions should work for you.

how do these work in ported for someone whos looking for tight,deep bass and still be loud?

For what you listen to it will be flat enough. I actually might tune higher if I were you. Personally I'd tune lower, but we have very different tastes.

how do these work in ported for someone whos looking for tight,deep bass and still be loud?

They work very well in both sealed and ported.

woke up early and made an enclosure 2.25 cubes tuned to 32. just waiting for my e-check to clear then shipping of the icon 12.

my only worry is with a ported box is that it wont be tight and solid..it would be more muddy,sloppy and loose..which offcourse you would say then go with sealed..but ive read some reviews where people said there is not much output in sealed..

ive read the reveiw for the 15 and they said it was tight in a ported enclosure so would the 12 not be even tighter?

but ive read some reviews where people said there is not much output in sealed..
There's more than enough output for me, even IB where output is really going to drop next to ported.
so would the 12 not be even tighter?

Doesn't work that way.

my only worry is with a ported box is that it wont be tight and solid..it would be more muddy,sloppy and loose..which offcourse you would say then go with sealed..but ive read some reviews where people said there is not much output in sealed..

There is plenty of output sealed. The suspension is too stiff and the motor is too strong to be a sloppy driver. ;) (even though there are more aspects that control that, mostly the quality of the box it is in)

Perhaps describing what you are comparing to would clarify your definitions as I think they aren't, umm, accurate.