Sign in to follow this  
platnum accord

Car Audio Calculator

well here it goes, im a programming student and bored as hell because the workload is so light right now.

And basically i am making an all in one car audiuo calculator.

Sofar i have a calculator that allows someone to punch in cone size, number of subs, and desired tuning frequency and the program will spit back all relevent information such as the length of the port needed for a transmission line box, the port area that will be needed, and an estimation, based on material thickness, a rough estimate of how big cubic foot wise the box will be.

and from this i can minimize it back down into a cone area calculator, and a box size calculator.

i was just looking for some suggestions as to something i could add to make this a downloadable product for anyone who wants it.

sofar its coming along nicely, but the layout for the interface sucks lol. so yeah just any tips or math i could add would be greatly

thanks.

mike.

The problem is that there's no easy designing for a TL. It's not a matter of you just build it and everything's all hunky-dory...there's often times a lot of tuning and tweaking that goes on afterwards.

Besides, Martin King's MATHCAD worksheets already do this, and countless people have had good luck with those as a start :)

as talking like anything i could add, this would mostly be for myself and well if someone wanted the form i could send them that too.

this is more for me to practice my coding.