Sign in to follow this  
cLutcH

Q vs. anything

What other lines of woofers compare with the Fi Q series. For excellent sound quality, yet affordable price, and nothing mainstream that all you pay for is the name. Im curious of anyones thoughts because I am || that close to buying a 15" Q. But I want to make sure that I dont have any regrets after buying it. Any input is appreciated.

Depends on what you think is affordable, and what your definition of value is :)

But without a clear budget...I'd say anything from the new SI Mags, Rainbow Profis/Vanadiums, Arc Flatlines, ID IDMAX's, JL W6v2's, Focals, Aura NS15.4, Icons, maybe something from Hybrid once it's released...

Haha. A price I am willing to pay is 350 and under. But if over 350 ill have to think about it. What I'm not looking for an $800 sub because the company thinks they're sweet (JL).

What I'm not looking for an $800 sub because the company thinks they're sweet (JL).

That's the kind of statement that makes me realize that not everybody's perceptions of "value" are alike. Before dismissing the entire company, have you heard a W6v2 under the conditions the Q would be in?

SSA ICON, Sound Splinter RL-p, Stereo Integrity Magnum (last gen), Ascendant Audio Havoc, Mach 5 Audio IXL 15.2.2

Should I continue?

No i havent. I have heard the W6v2 is a nice sounding sub. But doesnt get loud. I want the potential to get loud.

Not gonna lie I do care about the looks of the sub. The SSA Icon to me looks kinda weird. I couldn't buy that. The Fi's look pretty cool looking. I know I'm gay for putting that into perspective but i want the whole package lol.

Edited by cLutcH

No i havent. I have heard the W6v2 is a nice sounding sub. But doesnt get loud. I want the potential to get loud.

"Getting loud" is different for everyone :)

OK, if you want SPL, fine. But you said "excellent sound quality" in your first post, so that's a tad confusing if you're looking for the polar opposite ;)

Disregard anything I said in previous posts...

I originally wanted to get 2 15's in a sealed box. Fi Q 15's with 1000 watts to each. Im not gonna be blasting the subs ALL the time. But when i want to get loud i want that capability. Let me know if my plans are contradicting each other. Im open for any oppinions

...I know I'm gay for...but i want the whole package lol.

It was just the right post too, hehe

Perhaps you should decide why you'd want to "blast" the subs instead of trying to mix two completely different alignments.

Well there is a bass knob. For daily listening I can turn the bass knob down. But when that knob is up, i want everyone to know that I got a system in my trunk.

Knob? Gain control or bass boost? Two completely different thing with different uses.

If you want a genuinely overall good sounding sub, go with any of the above mentioned. (I'll say that i have not had personal experience with all of them, alot of them, however i have heard nothing but good.)

The bass knob shouldn't ever have been put on anything, it is all bad and useless. If you need to let other people know you have subs, you aren't mature enough to have a system yourself. :(

Maybe what i said didn't mean to you what it meant to me. You can control how loud the bass is on the head unit. I am definitely not an expert on this stuff and that is why I am a member on this forum. To learn. When i turn the bass up I want to get loud. If that answers your question.

I assumed you meant bass boost.

Im sorry if what i said was confusing. I dont know if my system plans are contradicting each other. But 2 15's i beleive would sound good when i have the volume low. But i do want to get loud when i turn it up. Like i said, let me know if my plans are messed up. Im still learning.

Talk about your goals instead of your plans, it will make it easier to help you.

My plans are is that I want to get a 180 or 200 amp Iraggi Alternator with a yellowtop under the hood and a yellowtop in the back usng all 1/0 awg wireing. A single 15 in a wedge 2.6 cube sealed box. The Q15 with BP Power and have a Kicker ZX1500.1 amp powering it (1500 watts). Then maybe at the end of summer add a third yellowtop, a second Q15 w/ BP and another Kicker ZX1500.1. Perhaps dynomat so my trunk lid doesnt explode.. Do my plans sound okay?

For pure SPL, sure...

Won't be very musical at all, at least without a front stage to speak of :)

If the volume is lower I'm sure I'll hear a LITTLE treble haha. Will a 200 or 180 amp Alternator and 3 yellowtops support 3000 watts?

My plans are is that I want to get a 180 or 200 amp Iraggi Alternator with a yellowtop under the hood and a yellowtop in the back usng all 1/0 awg wireing. A single 15 in a wedge 2.6 cube sealed box. The Q15 with BP Power and have a Kicker ZX1500.1 amp powering it (1500 watts). Then maybe at the end of summer add a third yellowtop, a second Q15 w/ BP and another Kicker ZX1500.1. Perhaps dynomat so my trunk lid doesnt explode.. Do my plans sound okay?

Sounds good to me stick with your plans!!! You will not be disastisfied from what you are explaining you want in the end. IMO

The ZX1500.1 is probably a bit too much for the Q even with the BP option. I'd say it's more of a BL amp. It's not that you can't use it on one, just make sure you don't set the gain for max power other wise you'll be adding a recone kit to your list of things to buy. I say that because i own a 15" Q with BP option right now that i'm running off of a Kicker KX1200.1 and it's happy. So happy in fact that i wouldn't put anymore power to it than i have now. I like playing it loud and long and have no doubt i'd have fried the thing if i was sending it a few hundred more watts...

Sign in to follow this