Sign in to follow this  
Xibalba

Which vehicle to do a setup in

Ok, here is my dilemma. I currently have a ford ranger. Later this year I will be pickin up a chevy silverado (4 door). my wife has given me a choice with the two. I could either do a fiberglass lid on the Silverado and do a blowthrough with, perhaps 3 15" BTL's or a can put a camper shell on the ranger and build a wall with something like 2 18" BTLs. The Silverado will be my daily driver, so I think she is wanting me to do the system in that and makin the ranger for nothing but haulin stuff. I was curious as to what you guys would do. I am in a split decision between the two and am hopin your opinions could help me make a better decision.

THANX

I think having any sort of blowthrough or wall in a daily-driven vehicle is a dumb idea, personally...

How about doing an SQ setup and still being able to drive/haul stuff in it, any time you want without losing cargo space? :)

how do you haul with a v6?!

easy, i towed a 90's mustang on a tow dolly from Richmond Va to C'ville without a problem. 3.0 power! :)

Sorry, I put in the words of my "oh so great wife", by hauling stuff, I mean putting a big screen TV in the back, a few boxes, etc. Not really hauling like boats, cars, and crap like that. Either way, I am gonna have both trucks and am still not sure which one to put the loud system in, lol.

My Ranger has a 4.0, so I can kinda haul anything I may ever need to.....at most a motorcycle.

Edited by Xibalba

Sorry, I put in the words of my "oh so great wife", by hauling stuff, I mean putting a big screen TV in the back, a few boxes, etc. Not really hauling like boats, cars, and crap like that. Either way, I am gonna have both trucks and am still not sure which one to put the loud system in, lol.

My Ranger has a 4.0, so I can kinda haul anything I may ever need to.....at most a motorcycle.

Are you trying to enter any shows or SPL?

oh ok, i was about to say that lil 6 may have trouble....i'd do it to the ranger....if i were you

I think the silverado would most likely have more room under the hood for the electrical upgrades. It most likely would be able to support the daily weight of a big system like that better, and I'd want the bass in the truck I'm driving instead of parked somewhere.

Edited by tejcurrent

Yeah Tej, that thought did cross my mind. That is also something she keeps saying. I pick the truck up in two months and I think her list of mods is bigger than mine, lol. She also fears I will wanna drive the ranger more if it has the bigger system, I dont know. But you make a great point on more room for electrical upgrades, that is true. I contacted a couple alt places and the biggest alt I could fine was like a 260, then there was no room to run dual alts at all in the engine. I didn't even think about that initially, so thank you.