Sign in to follow this  
filtor1

A history of my Maxima

Here are the C-pilar beauty panels. The B-pilars panels were done in a similar fasion.

MiscPics033.jpg

MiscPics032.jpg

MiscPics031.jpg

A quick pic of the rear deck lid.

MiscPics030.jpg

MiscPics029.jpg

I would like to thank my friend Kevin (kpr10is) as he is known on other audio forums for his help. We were able to knock the entire deadening job out in two days. This included the new speaker rings and crossover placement. This also includes removal and re installation of all parts, start to finish.

I found a new ground point, this eliminated some pretty annoying noise in the mids and highs. The 2 4gauge wires have been upgraded to 0gauge as well.

MiscPics013.jpg

0gauge upgraded power wire. Stinger Expert. Through the fire wall.

MiscPics015.jpg

There is a gromet there just didn't get a pic of it.

New fuse to fit the new wire.

MiscPics017.jpg

Edited by Chris

The Big-3

The top of the still stock alternator. (knocks on wood)!!

MiscPics019.jpg

Run across the top of the radiator to the battery.

MiscPics018.jpg

Engine/chassis ground.

100_2018.jpg

Engine/chassis and Battery/chassis ground point.

100_2017.jpg

Yes, there is a new fuse there, the older one posted above was not waterproof and was removed.

Added a voltage gauge in the ash try. Stinger gauge. Wired directly to the yellow top in the trunk.

MiscPics035.jpg

My soldering job, yes they wer wrapped when done.

MiscPics036.jpg

I took the ashtray and sanded the piss out of it. Painted 5 or so coats of semi-gloss then covered the trim piece in black tweed. It was a scrap piece from Shawn Flemings shop. :) Thanks Shawn!! The first of many.

Edited by Chris

Here is a little something new I decided to try out. I didn't like it so out it went.

MiscPics021.jpg

And yet another, I tried to make some room for luggage for our up and coming trip to Tenn. It too has been removed. It worked for the trip though.

MiscPics057.jpg

And a nice shot of Gotham city, aka Nashville in the back ground.

MiscPics037.jpg

great pics keep um coming

Thank you for the kind words! I am taking a break from studying. This takes my mind off things. :)

Why did we go on that trip you may ask? 2007 SEC men's college basketball. :) My cousin through marriage is dating the head manager for the UF basketball team. Too bad we suck this year, either way I will let this pick have its own post. :D

MiscPics050.jpg

here are a few teasers for tomorrow, err, later today.

Meet the TDX's replacement. 2 Fi Q 12"s

FiQ12s.jpg

I upgraded the Type-R comps with these, Rainbow Contour's. Wow, one of the best upgrades I have done to date outside of deadening.

Aug2007Kodakdump001.jpg

A quick second update. :) Rainbow PowerLine CS's. The Cal 27 is nothing less than amazing.

Aug2007Kodakdump003.jpg

More later......

Chris

Loving all the pictures. Awesome job on deadening your entire car.

Thanks. I recommend it to everyone, even if they aren't into audio.

im goin to have to step up my deading job on my max to compete with urs :)

great job :slayer:

im goin to have to step up my deading job on my max to compete with urs :)

great job :slayer:

Thank you sir. :)

Receiving this package was a good day indeed! :D

Aug2007Kodakdump005.jpg

They require 4.25" of depth. We added 2 3/4" and 1 1/2" MDF rings so they wouldn't hit the glass. Here are the new mounts for the mids with new deadener.

Powerline019.jpg

With the mid mounted.

Powerline020.jpg

And the tweeters in stalled in the sails.

Powerline007.jpg

Here are some ass shots of the mids. For some reason I didn't think they would be this big.

Aug2007Kodakdump008.jpg

Aug2007Kodakdump009.jpg

Aug2007Kodakdump011.jpg

Edited by Chris

A few more of the set...

Aug2007Kodakdump006.jpg

A little blurry but noteworthy.

Aug2007Kodakdump014.jpg

Sick crossovers if I do say so myself!

Powerline001.jpg

A little measurement just for good... well.... good measure. :D

Powerline002.jpg

This is the finished door before it was cut to accomodate the mids.

Powerline021.jpg

This is the temporary set up in the trunk. I had plans to upgrade.

FiQ12s002.jpg

So here is what is different currently.

Added; Pioneer 880PRS, the Diamond amp died and I will rant about that some other time, the Diamond amp was replaced with a friends SS PCA2000D that he was kind enough to let me barrow(thank you Derrick), The Alpine amp is in the office not being used and has been replaced by a Kicker ZX850.4 which is currently bridged passively on the set of PowerLine's.

My camera decided to stop working 2 days ago so I can't update any more. Maybe someone will loan me one till I can replace it and I will start adding any progress pics. Until then, enjoy!

Man, you make me really look foward to deadening my car, NOT!

I am jealous of most of your equipment! Nice change on the componet set, I would love to have me some of the Rainbow line.

Forgot to ask. How do you like the Fi's over the TDX's? Just wondering as I had an Fi Q with nothing but problems and at one time though about the TDX's.

Edited by Bigbangtheory

Man, you make me really look foward to deadening my car, NOT!

I am jealous of most of your equipment! Nice change on the componet set, I would love to have me some of the Rainbow line.

Forgot to ask. How do you like the Fi's over the TDX's? Just wondering as I had an Fi Q with nothing but problems and at one time though about the TDX's.

I did it the smart way and recruited someone I trusted to help me. All that teardown and re-installation and we only crossthreaded one random seat belt bolt. Not too bad. :)

I cannot speak highly enough about my listening experience with both sets of Rainbow's I have owned as well as the sets I have installed in other peoples cars. From the basic SLC set to the Profi-Vanadium's and everything in between. The main thing, IMO, is the detail from the tweeters. My first set came with the Contour's and were the Cal 25's. They were amazing. One of the most natural sounding tweeter I have owned other than the current Cal 27's that came with the PowerLine's. They, who ever they is, say it is all in the details and man these Cal27's are deep into that category. I really wanted to move to using a front stage only and this is what I came up with. For the first time since 1994 I haven't wanted to immediately try something else. I can only go up from here I suppose. :D

As for the subs. I have no real complaints from either set of woofers. The TDX's were very warm. That is the best word to describe them. They honestly lacked output. I am not sure if they were just extremely innefficient or what the deal was. I decided to try the Q's. A direct swap was done, same amp/electrical/box/wire everything. I found the Q's to be every bit as linear as the TDX's with the exeption of gobs of additional output. I was sold. After roughly 40 or so hours of seat time, I lived 30 mins from school, they seemed to get better with time. I have nothing but good things to say about it. If I had to pick something the Q didn't do better, I would say I lost a very small amount of accuracy when comparing the two. I have had several people tell me that they didn't notice after the swap. It was minimal to the point of being a moot issue for me.

I remember you having issues with your Q's. Not sure what happened there. Was there ever any kind of resolution?

y dont u go active? or are u still running ur rears?

y dont u go active? or are u still running ur rears?

I got the HU for just that reason. I think laziness is preventing me from exploring that option at this point. I haven't touched anything on my car since last October. That includes washing it. No rears for me. Once I got a sufficient front stage I wouldn't think of going back. The old Type-R's are actually still in the rear doors just not hooked up.

very nice work onto your maxima. i bet it's quiet as hell inside.

cool that you visited the keys, though there were only 2 pics? lawl. i like hearing/seeing other people on the forums saying they visit. tis rare.

very nice work onto your maxima. i bet it's quiet as hell inside.

cool that you visited the keys, though there were only 2 pics? lawl. i like hearing/seeing other people on the forums saying they visit. tis rare.

Yes, quite it is indeed. The doors make a solid thud when they close instead of that cheap slam they used to make.

I have atleast 50 pics from that trip. Not too many from the keys as we were relaxing watching the sun set. I will post a few more if you would like. I grew up in Ft. Lauderdale, we would make monthly trips down there just to hang out. The best part is all those little coves you can find and chill in without being bothered. :)

did u notice the difference when u close ur trunk? i did with even my sub par job compared to urs :( lol