bmr4life

Which is the 15" sealed is the loudest?

First, let me start off by thanking this forum for dealing with all of my threads. They've honestly been all over the place. (IB, ported, sealed, etc)

As you can tell I've been going from plan after plan trying to make my mind up, so I finally stripped my car's trunk today so I can make a final plan.

I removed my current setup from my trunk today and took out all my panels, measured and laid out several cardboard cut outs.

I can provide close to 2.5 cubes for a 15" sub.

Havoc

Icon

Fi Q

etc

I know all of these subs will provide more than enough SQ for me. I honestly wouldn't know great SQ if it smacked me in the face. I can tell when I hear bestbuy crap though. So now I'm just concerned with SPL. Like I've said in my other threads, I'm working with 1200watts, of course I don't have to use all of them if the sub doesn't require it.

Also, I want a 15" because I've always had 12"s and I want a change. So even though my space is limited, I refuse to go with a 12.

Why not a 12" ported? Perhaps you should start with your goals, space, budget, and amplifier and ask what to use. Personally I think an 12" Icon ported is probably a really good fit for your needs.

Why not a 12" ported? Perhaps you should start with your goals, space, budget, and amplifier and ask what to use. Personally I think an 12" Icon ported is probably a really good fit for your needs.

Goals are to install a sub in in the corner of my trunk. This requires a multi sided or glass enclosure. I want to be keep the ability to fold down my back seats and have access to my spare tire.

Budget is $350 and JBL 1200.1 is my amp. There is no sub-sonic filter on my amp so ported is a problem anyway.

I love low body shaking bass. I know I'm not going to win any comps with a single 15 sealed, but my trunk is to small for that anyway.

i love the sound of my XXX's sealed.... box was ~2.6 per side and i was running 2k to a single woofer

In that case I'd vote the Icon.

Alright. So that makes 1 vote for Icon. :D

You know my vote, but the three you choose are very good for your goals.

fudge it, I just ordered the last used Icon 12. I try it in 1 cubed seal box when it arrives and build up a ported box later.

I will need help with dimesions and tuning, but I'm sure that won't be a problem for you pros.

Edited by S197

Where do you live? An SQ smacking in the face can be arranged :D

fudge it, I just ordered the last used Icon 12. I try it in 1 cubed seal box when it arrives and build up a ported box later.

I will need help with dimesions and tuning, but I'm sure that won't be a problem for you pros.

great choice man one that you wont regret..but you will have 1 problem after you install it...the problem of comming up with more cash to buy more icons and amps.. :drink40: