Sign in to follow this  
QuestionMan

Bolt terminal?

I've seen where eveyone says speaker terminals suck, so whats the best one to use? And if its bolt terminal, do i just put a hole in the mdf and put a 3/8" bolt through it? How do i hook the wires to it on each side? I realize this is probably about as noob as it gets too, but i mentioned big 3 to one of the big 'audio' shops around here, and they looked at me like i was an idiot for thinking there was such a thing (i'm saying this just to show you i have noone to learn from in the local area haha). Thanks

You can do that..i just always drill a hole and run the wires straight through and silicone them on the back side..

You can do that..i just always drill a hole and run the wires straight through and silicone them on the back side..

Yeah, I've done this before. It works well. As long as you don't care about looks.

Bolts work , just make sure it's not galvanized. :)

x2, but I use rope caulk to seal it up.

The thing is every time you break and make a connection it creates a resistance in the connection albeit small but its still there. Running straight wire takes that away, usually competitors do it to get everything out of their equipment. I see no problem going with a high quality terminal cup, binding post, or bolts for a daily driver. I use bolts cause its cheap and I am not to concerned about looks or the voltage loss.

thanks for the help guys.. yeah i dont know why i think i need a terminal, running straight through and sealing it's good for me.

I've been wondering this for a while... Whats stopping one from running the wires through the port, no matter how ghetto it looks? fing05.gif I could see the wire maybe moving around a bit, but I cant see any real problems.

I've been wondering this for a while... Whats stopping one from running the wires through the port, no matter how ghetto it looks? fing05.gif I could see the wire maybe moving around a bit, but I cant see any real problems.

The only bad part about it is the lack of aesthetics

Sign in to follow this