Sign in to follow this  
jeeper2269

Small sealed encl. for 12" Q??

I have read a little about recommendations for size of sealed enclosures for the Q. Does anyone have some examples that they have built or used?

I am not really sure how to figure out the cubes either. I know that sounds stupid, but I left math back in college.

One last thing, what does "tuning to x-hz," mean?

Thanks,

flame all you want, just a new-B here

To figure out cubic feet, LxHxW

Tuning only applies to a ported enclosure and relates to length and width of the port in relation to the main chamber.

I have my Q in a ported enclosure right now (2.3 @ 32Hz I believe) and I'm in the process of building a sealed enclosure (1 cuft). I should have it done this weekend so hopefully I can let you know what I think about it. It's just hard because I'm in college right now so my time is limited.

I have my Q in a ported enclosure right now (2.3 @ 32Hz I believe) and I'm in the process of building a sealed enclosure (1 cuft). I should have it done this weekend so hopefully I can let you know what I think about it. It's just hard because I'm in college right now so my time is limited.

I would go 1.1-1.2 gross, per, for the 12Q. Works great for me.

2ea 12Q's firing forward into the rear seat in a mid sized four door car.

K

K

it would sound better faced toward the trunk

K

I am planning on putting the box in the access (extra ) cab of my 06' Tacoma 4x4. Most likely behind the passenger seat.

I have looked around for a custom box, and found one for $100.

K

Louder, yes. Better(SQ Comp), no. And turning them around would also make aligning them with the front midbass a real PITA. Then you have all the trunk rattles. If I stop competing then i probably would turn them around.

K

K

Louder, yes. Better(SQ Comp), no. And turning them around would also make aligning them with the front midbass a real PITA. Then you have all the trunk rattles. If I stop competing then i probably would turn them around.

K

is a $100 too much for a custom built box?

you should be able to find some 1 cube sealed 12" boxes on ebay for around $70

Sign in to follow this