Sign in to follow this  
JoshHd6

4 15" SSDs or 2 18" BTLs

eh.. do you know how many factors you just left out that would determine the answer?

How much power, what box?

My (4) 15's are much louder for music than a pair of 18's were - same brand/model of woofer, almost the same box, and same amount of power. On the meter, the (4) 15's are .3 dB louder than the pair of 18's were. 18's peaked around 45 Hz, 15's peak around 36 Hz is the main reason they sound louder with most music. . .

Brian

How much power, what box?

My (4) 15's are much louder for music than a pair of 18's were - same brand/model of woofer, almost the same box, and same amount of power. On the meter, the (4) 15's are .3 dB louder than the pair of 18's were. 18's peaked around 45 Hz, 15's peak around 36 Hz is the main reason they sound louder with most music. . .

Brian

4k watts..be subs up port back lol..

"Daily" is a meaningless term, anyway...

My definition of "daily" is different than yours, I guarantee...

4 15" subs win in the cone area department... Now do you have 4000k watts total? or 4000 watts per sub. Which amp.

4 15" subs win in the cone area department... Now do you have 4000k watts total? or 4000 watts per sub. Which amp.

total..IA 40.1..so close enuff to 4k lol..

Why don't you use SSDs or Qs with 4K watts? May have more enjoyable sound for daily

Why don't you use SSDs or Qs with 4K watts? May have more enjoyable sound for daily

yeah im thinkin about it..i just wanna make sure whatever i go with is enough for daily..

yeah im thinkin about it..i just wanna make sure whatever i go with is enough for daily..

yes the 4 15" ssd's will quad on 4k watts u dont have to worry about that, if thats what ur lookin for... i wouldnt go with the btl's simply because they are aimed more towards SPL applications and not necessarily towards daily driving(dosent mean u cant do it tho,but is it going to sound good?). in my opinion the ssd's would be the better choice if ur just lookin for somthing to play ur favorite lil jon song while ur drivin to work(they will do it very well), but if ur goin to be competing the u might want to go with the btl's.

Sign in to follow this