tezin87

sealed options

I have decided to stay away from trying to fit a ported box in a regular cab ranger and just stick to sealed. I wanted to hear everyone's opinion on which has the ability to have the most output in their optimum sealed enclosure with the recommended power. Sub will be 1 12'', here are the options:

SSA ICON

FI Q

SS RL-P

SI MAG(new model)

Or if there are any other options out there please let me know. I appreciate the help.

I have decided to stay away from trying to fit a ported box in a regular cab ranger and just stick to sealed. I wanted to hear everyone's opinion on which has the ability to have the most output in their optimum sealed enclosure with the recommended power. Sub will be 1 12'', here are the options:

SSA ICON

FI Q

SS RL-P

SI MAG(new model)

Or if there are any other options out there please let me know. I appreciate the help.

well for me and this is just my opinion and how i would approach it..first i wouldnt go with si anything..i just dont like care for the owner, next nothing against fi q's but everyone and there mom has a q..so i would try to be different..next i think rl-p is more sq then output and i know i will get rl-p fans here saying wtf..but when it comes down to ssa icon and rl-p in there right enclosures and power i believe the icon will be louder and still sound good and from all the reviews the ssa icon has great sq and gets really loud..so thats my choice ssa icon..

ssa icon-1

rl-p-2

fi q-3

si mag-4

Edited by denalilvr

Thanks for the opinion denalilvr. I like what I have read on the ICON and with the steal of a deal on the SAE100d/ICON package it's going to be tough not to choose an ICON.

man you just cant beat the price on those combos i mean a 10'' icon with sundown 1000 watt amp for only $479 individually that would run $638!! $159 you save to buy other stuff..same with the 12 and 15'' subs..it simply wouldn't make sense to go with anything else :drink40:

Edited by denalilvr

man you just cant beat the price on those combos i mean a 10'' icon with sundown 1000 watt amp for only $479 individually that would run $638!! $159 you save to buy other stuff..same with the 12 and 15'' subs..it simply wouldn't make sense to go with anything else :drink40:

I have two 12'' Infinity Kappa Perfects in my ranger right now and I think the box might be a little too small for the both of them. This is why I'm thinking of just replacing the two with one 12. Plus this will free up some space to mount the bigger amp. Right now I only have a Memphis mcd-500 but it still pushes the Kappa Perfects decently. How do you think the one 12'' ICON and Sundown amp will compare to the two Perfects and Memphis amp? I know its hard to tell without hearing my setup now but lets just say that I know there is a way to get cleaner/louder bass behind those seats and I started this thread to find out what setup can achieve my goals.

well its hard to tell since i haven heard your set up..but i think there will be a big difference when your giving 2 subs 250 watts each and then when your giving 1 sub 1000 watts..amp for amp hands down sundown over memphis all day everyday..infinity makes good products too..but i dont think those will compare to a 12'' icon..the owners said it can easily handle 1000-1200 watts daily..

well its hard to tell since i haven heard your set up..but i think there will be a big difference when your giving 2 subs 250 watts each and then when your giving 1 sub 1000 watts..amp for amp hands down sundown over memphis all day everyday..infinity makes good products too..but i dont think those will compare to a 12'' icon..the owners said it can easily handle 1000-1200 watts daily..

Ok now I just need to find someone to buy my Infinity's. I'll take some pictures next time I come home for a weekend from school (which might not be for a few weeks) and post them for sale on here. Thanks for the help. I didn't expect someone to respond so quickly but you were a lot of help.

hey no problem man, im glad i can help whenever possible, i dont think you'll have a problem selling those they are a good product..plus you can always check out the ssa forum section for new installs and vids of these icons :drink40:

SSA ICON

FI Q

SS RL-P

SI MAG(new model)

well for me and this is just my opinion and how i would approach it..first i wouldnt go with si anything..i just dont like care for the owner, next nothing against fi q's but everyone and there mom has a q..so i would try to be different..next i think rl-p is more sq then output and i know i will get rl-p fans here saying wtf..but when it comes down to ssa icon and rl-p in there right enclosures and power i believe the icon will be louder and still sound good and from all the reviews the ssa icon has great sq and gets really loud..so thats my choice ssa icon..

ssa icon-1

rl-p-2

fi q-3

si mag-4

I just read a review by mrray13 and he said the icon doesn't get loud sealed. Would the q get louder, because I don't really care if everybody has a q. I personally don't know anyone who has them and I just want to be satisfied with what I have because the Perfects aren't cutting it.

just depends what he considers loud really..like they say 1 persons crap is another mans bread and butter ;)

Does anyone else have any preferences or opinions? I can't make my decision off just one persons input. I know there are alot of sealed users out there, let me know how you like your sealed 12''.

I helped on a ICON 12" install in a .9^3ft box I believe (might have been a full cube). Got plenty loud, sounded great doing it.

Granted it doesn't have output like it would in a ported box, but 1 cube with a little poly fill should blow away those Infinity's.

I think you misinterpreted Kent's post, it'll get loud for a sealed driver although that alignment by default isn't peaky and therefore not as "loud". The benefit though is the smooth & low frequency response you can get out of your system.

I helped on a ICON 12" install in a .9^3ft box I believe (might have been a full cube). Got plenty loud, sounded great doing it.

Granted it doesn't have output like it would in a ported box, but 1 cube with a little poly fill should blow away those Infinity's.

That is good to hear. I like the ICONS .5'' shallower mounting depth over the q anyways. That .5'' makes alot of difference when putting a sub in a regular cab. So does the ICON get your vote too or is their another one out there that I am missing?

I think you misinterpreted Kent's post, it'll get loud for a sealed driver although that alignment by default isn't peaky and therefore not as "loud". The benefit though is the smooth & low frequency response you can get out of your system.

That is exactly what I am looking for. The Infinitys sound pretty decent to me but I'm looking for something that plays lower/more accurate/smoother and has the ability to get louder as well.

I am obviously concerned with mounting depth being that it is going in a standard cab truck. Will the sound/output be affected if the magnet is too close to the back wall of the box?

first i wouldnt go with si anything..i just dont like care for the owner,

We're all entitled to an opinion, but I'm just curious what Nick has done that's so egregious?

We're all entitled to an opinion, but I'm just curious what Nick has done that's so egregious?

im sorry i should have said it better nothing against the owner hmiself, but one of his associates that sell the SI line that i dont want to mention..and i know that shouldnt have anything on the owner himself but if you walk into a restaurant and the employees give you bad service you dont want to give them your business even though it wasnt the owner himself that gave you bad service..thats just how i feel..

SSA ICON

FI Q

SS RL-P

SI MAG(new model)

ssa icon-1

rl-p-2

fi q-3

si mag-4

I just read a review by mrray13 and he said the icon doesn't get loud sealed. Would the q get louder, because I don't really care if everybody has a q. I personally don't know anyone who has them and I just want to be satisfied with what I have because the Perfects aren't cutting it.

Ok thats it, don't take this as me being mad at you at all. Just not liking the drawn out negative perspective about the Icon in a sealed box based off of one review a long time ago. For some reason, it is the only thing people can drag up that is "against" the Icon and it is making me sick. I get emails and messages constantly everyday 7 days a week asking about the Icon. And in 3 out of every 5 emails or PM's people are saying they like what they see but they heard it does not get loud in a sealed box. It is getting really played out.

Sorry for the rant it is not towards you at all, just in general about lame Internet rumors that seem to have a life of their own. There are some videos of people with the Icon sealed that shows plenty of output. I normally run the Icon 12" model sealed in my own personal daily driver, and the output is more then enough trust me.

im sorry i should have said it better nothing against the owner hmiself, but one of his associates that sell the SI line that i dont want to mention..and i know that shouldnt have anything on the owner himself but if you walk into a restaurant and the employees give you bad service you dont want to give them your business even though it wasnt the owner himself that gave you bad service..thats just how i feel..

All sales are direct now, and if you have a bad experience with a dealer, the beauty of this forum and the internet manufactures is, you have a direct line of communication to the owner of the company. You could have easily called Nick with your complaint, or sent him an email or PM, and I assure you, you would have been well taken care of.

I would comment on the new Mag, but it would be pointless as they are not even available yet, so your only options are to see the two reviews which have so far been given.

I have no idea what would have the most output. When I listened to the Mag, that's not what I was listening for...however, I think the Q has more potential, especially with some of the options offered, to be happy with a higher power input. Certainly to the point where the new Mag would be unhappy...

Now, in terms of sound quality and not output - would have to come between the new Mag and the Icon.

Ok thanks for all the help everyone. I've never heard Fi, SSA, Soundsplinter or SI in person. I've only heard mainstream companies such as Alpine, Kicker, Rockford, Infinity, JL, RE, JBL and such. I've been all over this forum trying to find reviews on which sealed option would be best for me but it seems like everyone is using a ported setup. I will admit I am ignorant to the above companies with the only experience I have with them is reading on here and watching the videos. I know I sound like I know absolutely nothing about car audio or what I want for that matter but this is because I've wasted alot of money over the past 5 years trying to achieve good sound quality with the output I desire in a standard cab truck. And being in debt as it is with all these loans for school I can't afford a new vehicle at this time. So this time I want to do it right and be proud of the sound in my truck.

All sales are direct now, and if you have a bad experience with a dealer, the beauty of this forum and the internet manufactures is, you have a direct line of communication to the owner of the company. You could have easily called Nick with your complaint, or sent him an email or PM, and I assure you, you would have been well taken care of.

I would comment on the new Mag, but it would be pointless as they are not even available yet, so your only options are to see the two reviews which have so far been given.

oh ok i didnt know that..well im glad you told me incase i want to venture over there in the future..but for now ive got my mind made up on going ssa icons..but i will look into the new mags once they are out maybe for one of my other cars..thank for the info bro

I've been all over this forum trying to find reviews on which sealed option would be best for me but it seems like everyone is using a ported setup.

There are a few of us that don't prefer ported :)

I've been all over this forum trying to find reviews on which sealed option would be best for me but it seems like everyone is using a ported setup.

There are a few of us that don't prefer ported :)

Yes.