I've been looking for a big 5000 or 6000 watt amp kit.

Do they even sell any kits like that, or do I need to buy all the

wires and cables ect. separate? I'm running an Atomic AT-5000.1D

I'm looking to buy one of the best amp kits to run with this amp.

Basically because, I paid all this money for this amp so I don't want

to get a cheap amp kit. But you know how that is.

Thanks everyone!

I would run multiple runs of Kicker 1/0 wire if you're running it a long way...

gotta make your own besides your gonna need a few batteries in the back anyways Id do 2 runs of power and 2 runs of ground

They don't make kits that big because they can't get all those batts and cable to fit in that plastic box, :)

They don't make kits that big because they can't get all those batts and cable to fit in that plastic box, :)

x2. I'd do at least 2 runs power and beef up all the connections.

Someone could do what the high-end cable manufacturers do and offer a kit in a lockable wooden or metal box :)

Hmm...interesting idea there...

Lock up the cables so they can't get out?

Or maybe try to justify why someone spent $5000 on something that has maybe $40 in parts :D

so far i got a 180amp alt and im going to pick up one Powermaster D3100.

i need some help here.... i need to to do some shopping!!

where do i start ??????

Edited by homisydal

i got 1 run of 1/0 comin from the hood, and another bat in the trunk running runs of 1/0 to the amp

these amps are pretty effiecient i presume the guy i bought it off of had it running off of a stock alt and a kinitik, but it mighta been runnin at 4ohms though. not sure. Its a beast for sure though

weldingsupply.com for cheap wire.

shop around for batts and alts

A 180-amp alternator and one battery will in NO WAY power that 5000-watt amp at anywhere near full output.

Look into a 300-amp alternator or dual 200-amp units and two runs of 1/0 from front to back with at least two large batteries.

Yeah some of that wire is a real scam....a box lol :bull: I got a hold of a blitz amp, going to test it and see if the neon tubes make it go louder or not. Then again they are not expensive either.

To put it bluntly, there should or never will be a 5,000w amp kit... why?

Amp kits are generally for people who don't really know what they need, can't remember, don't wanna do guess work on what size wire they need... things like that.

So they buy these kits because they know that if the kit says it can power up to whatever the kit is rated for, then they just use what's in the box and go...

I've seen kits as high as 3,000w...

IT doesn't come with any batteries or info about alternator...

Kits give off an image that is the "end all" thing someone needs to hook up their amp(s) and that's it when it is far from it.

Kits should come free with the rest of the junk amps that are out there in my opinion.

you guys are all right.....im just going to find a 350-400amp alt

and put that in

any one got any good links for 300-400amp alt for a 95 Toyota Avalon xls?

you guys are all right.....im just going to find a 350-400amp alt

and put that in

any one got any good links for 300-400amp alt for a 95 Toyota Avalon xls?

lol doubt that you will find one that big just do a single alt the biggest you can get for the car and add atleast 2 Powermaster D3100s on the trunk and the biggest Powermaster you can fit under the hood remember that you will probably have to lay it down to fit it

if u find a 400A, holy sheep sh*t, hehe.

Only alts i know that high are Leece Nevilles but the alt guy i know who can get em rewinds em up like crap.

Just enough idle output to run the car without the lights fluctuating output.

That's why it's better to buy from a company rather than a local shop that knows how to rewind.

300A is the largest i know of that's readily available.

200-220A is built by everybody as far as i know.

like me Ive got a "160 amp" ohio gen alt and when it was tested it maxes out at 224 amps I just need to find a way to stick a 2nd alt on a 2005 cavalier with out removing the AC

like me Ive got a "160 amp" ohio gen alt and when it was tested it maxes out at 224 amps I just need to find a way to stick a 2nd alt on a 2005 cavalier with out removing the AC

Who needs an AC... If i wasn't building a street A car and could have my car running, I would gladly drop the AC for a second alternator.

well, i cant have dual alt in mine unless i remove AC which isnt happening so only thing left to do is to reroute AC lines and possibly, if necessary, move the compressor itself...

i was going to run 2 alts but like you said ''loudcav'' i got to throw out my ac too

i dont have a problem with that but.....my g/f does

how about Excessive Amperage??? they got to have something like 350a or 400a right?