Sign in to follow this  
logand5

Thinkin of gettin a 10 SSD

I have a 1000 watt @ 1 ohm crunch amp. I'm wondering what sub to get i want the 10" SSD to put in a custom center console box. So is the SSD the way to go cuz i want bass but i want LSQ more than SPL?

"SQL" is a horrible term, we don't use it here :)

What is it you're actually looking for? A "street beater"? Or are you looking for SQ?

I want hard hittin bass but i want it to be clean bass. Right now im pushin 400 watts with my current system and want to upgrade cuz its distorted bad. I just want to kno if the SSD is a good quality sub cuz there isn't any Fi subs where I live and I haven't heard 1 in person just on youtube

Sounds like you do want SPL...

The SSD sounds fine for what you're looking for.

Personally I haven't heard a great system as I live in a small town and the best systems are Kicker L7's. So I want a good system thats not main stream like Kicker or Alpine.

A "system" involves more than a sub and an amp...

I just said system cuz i was to lazy to type sub and amp as i know a system involves a HU speakers amps and subs etc. I believe I will go with SSD as it fits my budget and I want 2 try somethin different. Thanks for the help Jim although I didn't give u much info its hard for me to explain what I want in a system without hearing it.

I have a ssd 10 running off 800 watts in an s10 reg cab and sounds pretty good and has the potential to get loud. Overall it is a very good sub.

dude go with the fi's got two ssd 12's running on about 6-700 watts each and gets hella loud and sounds good too. you wont be dissapointed!!

Sounds to me like your looking for SQPL not SPL. I hate SPL & I hate BTLs, even though BTLs are better than most any other SPL specific subs and for SPL applications that is what I would use (hell I have one now), but if you want a sound quality pressure level SQPL - which is what it sounds like to me that YOU want, then the SSD is AWESOME for that application!

I sure do hope SQPL is a term that is allowed. I have had a SQ car and SPL car and know first hand that there are a few people that are BASS heads craving a quality insane level of volume and not a just a how LOUD can it get and who cares about how it sounds, kinda people.........Logand5 you are not in the latter category if what you said in your first post is accurate...YOU ARE THEN ONE OF MY CHOSEN FEW...Welcome to the club. The SSD should be used by more people. After hearing BTLs over and over I know some people will be impressed by their output, but they would never work for someone like me that wants SQPL. Just not gonna happen. It's to the point that even though I was one of the first people in the 150db club (1989) I ,Who LOVES da Bass wit a passion!!!!!!!!!!!! Does not care the first damn bit to hear the amazing Steve Meade's chit nor the incredible install of Chicken's caddy. Why cuz they have BTL's ...I already know how it's gonna sound. Hella LOUD Hella BANGIN' & missin' a HELLOVA lot of quality. I believe Steve Meade is a cool dude and wish I had a tenth the talent he does in the install dept but the BTL thing makes me wanna run cuz I know he's not gonna have the hellagreat SQPL I and a few others desire. The SSD with multiple drivers can be made to easily sound sooooooooooooooo much better along with more output (amplitude) with the same or less money, not to mention Q's, Havoc's, or even the Chaos.

Probably a whole reason for a whole different thread but why do so many people skip by the incredible SSD. Do they just want to spend more money or assume it the SSD must not be that good since it costs less? What is Tommy McKinney running in Ho Problems? SX or XXX. Tommy is rightfully the KING OF BASS in a lot of peoples book. His BassRace legacy is with the SX..the closest sub to the SSD from the RE lineup IMO. WHY PEOPLE WHY is the SSD overlooked. From the same designer with his latest and greatest updates BASS BROTHERS looooook to the SSD.......It will set you free.

PS Not saying there is not a place for the BTL but so many people just skip by the SSD like its some entry line sub. There is nothing entry level about a SSD. Open your eyes!!!! More peope should be running SSDs........Of course these are just one man's opinions!!!!!!!!!!! GL everybody and Lagan STAY ON THE RIGHT TRACK-----Dude you are there!

Edited by 418FIs

I have had a SQ car
Any pictures of this? You've got me curious now :)
What is Tommy McKinney running in Ho Problems? SX or XXX.

Thought he was using SE's...could very well be wrong about that, though...

I have had a SQ car
Any pictures of this? You've got me curious now :)

I do not have any pics a former systems. An unfortunate disaster ruined my pics and negatives in 1997 and I would have loved to have posted them on the internet when I was competing but the internet was not how we know it today in 1991. My good friend Joe Moreira who some of you SQ guys may know as the installer of Eddie DeJesus award winning Gary Biggs smashing Chevrolet S10 told me at SBN last weekend that he found some old pics of my vehicle he and I installed my system in with 34 10s 4 8s 2 4s and 2 tweets. We had many other mids and highs in that vehicle originally but discovered quickly that the system was so much better with only a single pair of splits. Jim do you know Joe Moreira?

He and I go back over 20 years and used to run an install bay together in Tampa. I'll post a pic of Eddie's truck if you have not seen it. Eddie runs DLS and I promise if I close my eyes in that truck it will soothingly put me to sleep everytime. I know SQ....I choose SQPL..DA few, DA proud, THE CHOSEN. (Actual name of our stereo crew in the late 80s early 90s.) hehe

What is Tommy McKinney running in Ho Problems? SX or XXX.
Thought he was using SE's...could very well be wrong about that, though...

I thought SX but I could be wrong too. Still point is made that SSD would fall right between SE and SX and that many a people skip around this WONDERFUL sub!

Food for thought

Edited by jpangkilla

My good friend Joe Moreira who some of you SQ guys may know as the installer of Eddie DeJesus award winning Gary Biggs smashing Chevrolet S10 told me at SBN last weekend that he found some old pics of my vehicle he and I installed my system in with 34 10s 4 8s 2 4s and 2 tweets. We had many other mids and highs in that vehicle originally but discovered quickly that the system was so much better with only a single pair of splits. Jim do you know Joe Moreira?

Here are a couple pics of Joe's latest build for Eddie DeJesus

SBN2008-Saturday049.jpg

SBN2008-Saturday060.jpg

SBN2008-Saturday053.jpg

I must reiterate that I do believe that the BTL outperforms all other SPL specific subs and is truly an awesome product by the already legendary Fi. PLUS the fact they offer a daily and spl option on the BTL further enhances the SQ that a BTL does have considering the nature of the Beast. My point again is that so many people seem to overlook the incredible design of the Fi SSD and to me it seems to be a rookie mistake!!! Of course some people like Steve Meade need to do what he is doing and some applications straight up demand the BTL even if not for SPL comps. Just seems more people that should be using the SSD are gettin a step ahead of themselves. The Q also ROCKS with wonderful SQ and absolutely incredible SPL capabilities. Seems like so many people that could be enjoying their music more through the Q are steered away by the fact of it's description reading of SQ that they think it must not have the Bass they desire when in fact it's probably more woofer than they ever thought they could own in their lifetime. Again all this is just one mans opinion.

I must reiterate that I do believe that the BTL outperforms all other SPL specific subs and is truly an awesome product by the already legendary Fi. PLUS the fact they offer a daily and spl option on the BTL further enhances the SQ that a BTL does have considering the nature of the Beast. My point again is that so many people seem to overlook the incredible design of the Fi SSD and to me it seems to be a rookie mistake!!! Of course some people like Steve Meade need to do what he is doing and some applications straight up demand the BTL even if not for SPL comps. Just seems more people that should be using the SSD are gettin a step ahead of themselves. The Q also ROCKS with wonderful SQ and absolutely incredible SPL capabilities. Seems like so many people that could be enjoying their music more through the Q are steered away by the fact of it's description reading of SQ that they think it must not have the Bass they desire when in fact it's probably more woofer than they ever thought they could own in their lifetime. Again all this is just one mans opinion.

wow this is a very good point, i know many people like this, they always go, "oo its an SQ sub its not goin to have any bass".......:::SLAP!!:::::

almost bought the ssd but with only 600rms it seemed the arsenal would have fit alittle better. hope i wont be regreating that... arsenal is still an amazing lil sub

Sign in to follow this