Sign in to follow this  
valusft

JL w3

I have a single cab 99 Toyota tacoma and i have very little room to work with subs wise. I am not trying to build a competition set up or anything this is more for sq, but i for the subs i have 2 six inch passive bazookas behind the seat right now which barely fits. It sounds pretty nice so far but i was planning on picking up 2 JL 6w3's and swapping out the bazooka speaker with the JLs. I was wondering has anyone heard the JL 6w3 before? is it like a good quality speaker and will it really bring the low end out?

Somewhat, but it will all depend on the amount of space and the enclosure that it goes into. Personally I would throw the tube away and start over.

I don't know what other kind of enclosure to go with, i don't think i can make a box for it because the space is really really limited plus on the back of the cab of the truck there is this bar like piece that runs from one end of the cab to the other making it really difficult to fit anything back there. What would you recommend me using for an enclosure?

I don't know what other kind of enclosure to go with, i don't think i can make a box for it because the space is really really limited plus on the back of the cab of the truck there is this bar like piece that runs from one end of the cab to the other making it really difficult to fit anything back there. What would you recommend me using for an enclosure?

What are your dimensions? Pics would be really helpful too.

-fp

I just owned 2 12 jl w3s..they sound nice and all but if you got 1 12 w6 it would be a lot lounder and probly be somthing you would want.

I just owned 2 12 jl w3s..they sound nice and all but if you got 1 12 w6 it would be a lot lounder and probly be somthing you would want.

Umm, you should read he is looking at the 6" subs not the 12" ones. :(

yes you can put a custom built box back there, i've seen it in tacomas before.

I'll probably get flamed for this but with limited space and 6" drivers I would recommend using 3/8" MDF and then brace the corners or any large "flat" areas. You'll save precious space the more bulky 3/4" MDF would take up.

I'm also fairly certain you can fit 8's back there. That would certainly give you a much more noticeable difference than the switch to a different brand of 6's.

Take some pictures, and a few measurements. You could also consider sliding the passenger seat forward a notch or two. We fit two 12" pioneer subs behind my brothers regular cab silverado with the seats all the way back. (he's 6'4") I'm more familiar with the older Tacomas though.

alright thanks man, my camera is at a friends house right now but when i get it back i will get some picks up so you guys can better understand the space i am dealing with