Hey guys! Jw who all ordered the spl 15 and what your guys' plans to do with them were.. box design, amp choice, etc

I'm still undecided on box but as of now im going to under power it with my Cadence Daytona 1000d and eventually upgrade to something that will actually feed this monster

Hey guys! Jw who all ordered the spl 15 and what your guys' plans to do with them were.. box design, amp choice, etc

I'm still undecided on box but as of now im going to under power it with my Cadence Daytona 1000d and eventually upgrade to something that will actually feed this monster

I ordered a spl-15 to replace my Fi BL 15. The box is a simple slot ported design. 4.3 cubic feet tuned to ~32hz. Amp is a RF t30001bd.

what vehicle are you guys puttin em in? i think ive decided to do a 5 cu ft box with a slotted port tuned to 35-40hz

what do you guys think of this box design..

5 cu ft @ 38hz slot ported with 77.5 cu in of port area and will actually fit in my trunk pretty well..

25x17x31.5 (depth might be a bit deep.. i'll check to see if it will work soon tho)

btw its going in a neon :D

where can i find one of these subs at?i looked in shop but only seen a 15 not a spl-15 im thinking about just adding one sub in my max but it gotta slam.

It's going in the trunk of my Grand Marquis. I should have more than enough room but I haven't gotten my extra trunk battl yet so I've gotta probably rework my dimensions...

jw mark, what do you think of my box? should pound nicely right? any aspects you would change on it?

btw i pm'd the guy looking to buy one of these about the 4 spl-15s that are now available.. so i might have 1 sold for ya!

I ordered a spl-15 to replace my Fi BL 15. The box is a simple slot ported design. 4.3 cubic feet tuned to ~32hz. Amp is a RF t30001bd.

wow that amp and sub combo is awsome..a couple vids is a must when its up and running..

jw mark, what do you think of my box? should pound nicely right? any aspects you would change on it?

btw i pm'd the guy looking to buy one of these about the 4 spl-15s that are now available.. so i might have 1 sold for ya!

Do it! And post pics! :neil:

Thanks for that. I'm sure they won't last long.

Do it! And post pics! :neil:

Thanks for that. I'm sure they won't last long.

sweet that is what i wana hear! and your more than welcome!

well i went out and measured the trunk today and it looks like i'll be changing the box a bit..

it still be 5 cu ft @ 38hz but dimensions have changed and given me a lil less port area

box will be 30x17x25.5 with 69.75 sq in of port

im going to start building soon i believe.. gotta get me some 3/4 mdf :D

goodluck with the build man, looking forward to the pics and results..

thanks man glad to see at least a few people interested lol

i think im going to be getting the audiopipe ap3000.1d soon :D !!! so i'll actually be able to push this monster!!

im freakin pumped for this setup!! i wana upgrade my 6.5s too.. im thinkin bout the mli-65's.. jw anyone know the mounting depth of these? (great time for mark to chime in :D )

goodluck with the build man, looking forward to the pics and results..

thanks man glad to see at least a few people interested lol

i think im going to be getting the audiopipe ap3000.1d soon :D !!! so i'll actually be able to push this monster!!

im freakin pumped for this setup!! i wana upgrade my 6.5s too.. im thinkin bout the mli-65's.. jw anyone know the mounting depth of these? (great time for mark to chime in :D )

nevermind..

Depth: 6.7cm (2 5/8")

:D

well i went out and measured the trunk today and it looks like i'll be changing the box a bit..

it still be 5 cu ft @ 38hz but dimensions have changed and given me a lil less port area

box will be 30x17x25.5 with 69.75 sq in of port

im going to start building soon i believe.. gotta get me some 3/4 mdf :D

well idk wtf is up with subwoofer tools but i cant acess my designs anymore.. can anyone help me figure them out again! maybe its just my ip that cant view it or something idk..

but its 30 wide 17 tall and 25.5 deep tuned to 38hz and i believe i set the xmax at 20mm to give me a bit more port area.. i really need these asap! lol im lost with out it! i wanted to start cutting tomorrow but i need my dimensions first!

PLEASE HELP!

thanks in advanced for any help i do get!

Ok, update on the SPL drivers....

They *are* leaving the buildhouse on Saturday May 17. My apologies to those who have been waiting. They are on the way!

Best,

Mark

Ok, update on the SPL drivers....

They *are* leaving the buildhouse on Saturday May 17. My apologies to those who have been waiting. They are on the way!

Best,

Mark

:)

woohoo