Sign in to follow this  
muddybass

Need some ideas...

Need some nice quality components running in the range of $300 6x9 for mid range, it would be ran off a sundown 100.4 any ideas?

oh man then there are tons..are you looking for 2 way or 3 ways? if you want 2 ways look into the boston acoustics pro60 about $275-$300 a set for 6.5'' and tweeter and takes around 125 watts rms thats what im going to go with..if you want 3 way id suggest the jl audio xr series for $339 http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/shop/in...p;productId=307 ive owned these and had them for about 4-5 years and loved them..

http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseac...Product_ID=1078

Edited by denalilvr

i believe im gonna go with that xr series

great choice man i had those in my older model yukon and i had 4 jl12w7's getting 1000 watts each and the speakers just sounded incredible..they would never distort no matter how high i turned them and the tweeters are great not harsh at all..

What have you heard that you liked?

Any particular reason for going with 6x9's? Going with a 7" midbass would give you more options ;)

well iam not gonna install these in my doors or anything these are gonna be put in a box in the back, no not really a reason, i dont know to much about components, i just ordered a sundown 100.4 so wondering which is a good match for these

well iam not gonna install these in my doors or anything these are gonna be put in a box in the back, no not really a reason, i dont know to much about components, i just ordered a sundown 100.4 so wondering which is a good match for these

i was wondering what are your reasons for not putting these in the doors and instead in a box in the back?

well im wondering if i could just keep my original coaxials in doors cuz they do get loud and dont distort, but leave them out in a box by my woofers

gotta be honest bro i wouldnt do that dont think it will sound right..the xr series jl's will more then be enough to get loud and sound great especially on that amp you got..

no i meant you wont need to put speakers in a box in the back..what id do is just take out the coaxials you have now and install the jl's and your set right there far has speakers go..maybe sell the coaxials or save them for another car..

true, well i guess your right but i already have 4 xr-100 tweeter so im gonna keep those in