Sign in to follow this  
JazzScreamer

Assassin IB install

I was thinking of using a pair of 8" Assassin's 8ohm 1st. gen. in an IB. This would go into my 07 Atima. Are these subs set up to run in an IB install. If not, I need to find another use for these subs. :drink40:

I don't think i am familiar with these subs. What are the specs on them?

They wont run IB, the Qts is too low. Ideally you need a driver which has a Qts of 0.6-0.7.

Fi do an IB Series in 15" and 18" models.

They wont run IB, the Qts is too low. Ideally you need a driver which has a Qts of 0.6-0.7.

Fi do an IB Series in 15" and 18" models.

Too big for my needs in this car. Thanks though.

Any suggestions on an 8" or 10" max for an IB install. I really want to keep as much space in the truck as possible. I was planning on mouting them on the back deck (face-up) and go from there. "make a plan... things don't go as planned." :drink40:

Budget: No more than $125 ea Sub. I'm not planning on using much power to the sub 200rms or so to each if that. I'm open to suggestions.

Edited by JazzScreamer

You'll want a stiff suspension (Vas/Cms), Higher QTS (greater than 0.4 is fine, closer to 0.7 is said to be "better"), and lots of throw or cone area & a low Fs (sub 25Hz).

Since this is an Altima, I know a 15" will fit up under the rear deck.

A single 15" may work well underneath the rear deck. I'm willing to do mods to the back deck if that helps with suggestions. Again, I don't want to spend a lot of money. I'm not looking for LOUD. I'm more of an SQ type.

ID, IDQ, or IDMax would be my first choices for an IB install. It might be difficult to find an IB 8 but you could look at Parts Express.

JL used to have an IB line.

An IB IDMax10 would be killer.

Sign in to follow this