Sign in to follow this  
Henne

FI Q-Series / Newbie many Questions!

I believe international orders go through Blade Ice.. I have a Q and love it....If that amp puts out anywhere near 3000w I don't think the Q is for you. And you said you really don't care about the quality so I would recommend a fully loaded BL or even wait until the new BTL comes out and order one of those. You're going to want to run 0/1awg wire also.

double post -_-

Edited by abxx

Right, well I just did the conversion and 160 liters is about 5.65 cubic feet. Fi recommends 2.8-4 per sub in a ported enclosure. That would be close. Also if you do go with BL's put them in a ported box, I've read not to seal them. Is it a prefab box? Or one that you are making?

Hi, i'm helping Henne with the car.

The 160L are the maximum netto volume (internal box volume). But the Ports and Woofers also need much space. I think 130L + ports and woofer is realistic.

You think the Q isn't the best woofer for him? How much power do the BT need to play very loud? And the Q?

The Box will be built at a local dealer in Germany. So it will be massive and good.

Greetz

Nothing against the Q. I have one. I just think the BL would better suit his needs.

They are both rated at 1000w rms. If you get them both fully loaded they can handle more power. I think if you ran 1500w to a Q constantly it might not like it in the long run. Note: I very well could be wrong on that. 1500 to the BL would be a better choice...I believe BigJon is running that much to his BL's. Maybe he'll read this and put in his two cents.

You could do a box for two BL 12" subwoofers with the space and power you have available.

Hi!

Is between the Q and BL such a great differece?

I watched many videos and i like them both *g*

2 x 12 " would fit much better but i want 15 " ( sry if that sounds littl bit silly )

and i wrote in my first post that with the Q -Serie i coul make some experiments ( 2 closed , 1 in a big reflex and 2 in a smaller reflex ^^ )

With the available air space you have, you would not be utilizing a pair of 15"s. I would recommend using a pair of twelves instead. This will allow you to get the most from each woofer and make good use of the available space as well.

Hi, i'm helping Henne with the car.

The 160L are the maximum netto volume (internal box volume). But the Ports and Woofers also need much space. I think 130L + ports and woofer is realistic.

You think the Q isn't the best woofer for him? How much power do the BT need to play very loud? And the Q?

The Box will be built at a local dealer in Germany. So it will be massive and good.

Greetz

30 L for port and subwoofer displacement is a bit too small.

Considering the space you have, I would go with a single 15. I managed to fit a single ported GZNW 12 in 130L net. And it was a tight squeeze.

I would preffer w Q15 sealed. Other opinions?

Sounds good.

Also, 2 12's sounds equally good and you will have more cone area :D

Sign in to follow this