sundownz

Talk about 5k amp List Here

Also... lets talk about the 2-year discounted replacement warranty.

What does this mean to you, the buyer?

This is a $1200 amp on pre-order. It is NOT cheap. You have a 6-month warranty against manufacturing defects that does NOT cover you below 1 ohm, does NOT cover you from abuse or mis-use. So, how are you protected?

Simple... for 2 years, if you blow this amp up - and it IS your fault - you send it in to me and get it replaced with a brand new amp for a flat cost. For this model the flat cost is going to be $400 shipped back to you.

Yep... that simple.

I LOVE AMPS THAT CAN PRODUCE LOTS OF POWER AT LOW VOLTS, EVERYBODY DON'T HAVE THE ROOM TO LOAD THERE CAR,TRUCK, ECT. WITH ALOT OF BATTS... SO A LOW VOLTAGE POWER HOUSE WOULD BE A GREAT IDEA.... THATS WHY THE SOUTH AMERICAN GUYS ARE DOING IT!!!! IF U KNOW WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT

You should really look at the guts of "modded" south american amps

Laughable mods to say the least..

that 400 buck replacement cost after 6 months is amazing cant go wrong with that (i just bought my new amps) otherwise these would be a very good option.

how close will the output numbers be on of these compared to two strapped 3000d's, just trying to think on a efficiency level, if under 1k difference, I think less electrical would be needed to run one of these compared to two 3000d's. so basically, I know hard to say, but what do you think the efficiency difference would be?

how close will the output numbers be on of these compared to two strapped 3000d's, just trying to think on a efficiency level, if under 1k difference, I think less electrical would be needed to run one of these compared to two 3000d's. so basically, I know hard to say, but what do you think the efficiency difference would be?

The two 3000s are more powerful so can draw more current if called upon to do so - two 3000s would likely be more efficient, though.

The two 3000s are more powerful so can draw more current if called upon to do so - two 3000s would likely be more efficient, though.

Thank, answers my question perfectly, as always...

I'm in fing05.gif

I might talk a few friends into this aswell who are into SPL, let's get this done so we can be stupid loud ...

i saw you said 60-90days on production...so what does that put the ETA ship date at once they are finished...end of august? i should be starting a job at the beginning of may, but want the amp before the end of the competition season...and if i can get it, then i will be down for one...just waiting to make sure i get the job before i sign up...

Edited by amatt85

i saw you said 60-90days on production...so what does that put the ETA ship date at once they are finished...end of august? i should be starting a job at the beginning of may, but want the amp before the end of the competition season...and if i can get it, then i will be down for one...just waiting to make sure i get the job before i sign up...

Once I have them (which will take 60-90 days) I'll ship them out withing a week or so to everyone. I do have to test each one, and my test speakers and power supplies can only take so much between cooling down :)

mabe we should do in car tests Jacob I happen to know where there is a car that has the electrical system capable of one of those

mabe we should do in car tests Jacob I happen to know where there is a car that has the electrical system capable of one of those

My truck could do it as well if I blow up my power supplies too many times :)

I blew them both up yesterday *laughs* Fixing my third one as well so I can use all three at once.

hope some more people decide to join this pretty soon. so you said this would be under 40 inches long but a little more in height so like 40x18x4? just tryin to get a visual of it :slayer:

hope some more people decide to join this pretty soon. so you said this would be under 40 inches long but a little more in height so like 40x18x4? just tryin to get a visual of it :slayer:

It's more in WIDTH than the current heatsink... should barely be any longer than the SAZ-3000D, if not about the same length.

Is this going to have multiple 1/0 ga power/ground connections?

How wide are we talking about?

yes it will have multiple power and ground inputs this amp isnt the memphis 4kw

At this point it looks like Sundown 5K is not going to happen. I definitely don't need one but it would be nice to see Sundown with the "Big Boys" and have a 5K amp, so if you really want it let Jake know as the project gets scrapped at the end of May is not enough money had come in.

kinda like I expected people are all about the idea till it comes to throwing the cash on the table then they back out

kinda like I expected people are all about the idea till it comes to throwing the cash on the table then they back out

Sadly that is true.

Finally convinced my bro to get one of these but it looks like its a no go. How do you get on the list? Anybody else planning to jump on the list??

If everyone assumes it's a no-go and doesn't sign up then it has about 0% chance of happening.