lee

SAZ 2000d to come after 5k?

If the 5k does not make full list by the deadline, can you start the saz 2000d instead? I'm really waiting for this one, I believe it's the route you need to take next in my opinion. Any input on this is appreciated, thanks.

It is being worked on. I am requiring some changes to the PCB for reliability and this will require me to bring in a large quantity to have the changes made - that is the hold up.

The 2000D will likely replace the SAZ-1500D entirely when it debuts, and a larger SAE Class-D amp will be released in it's place.

Just be patient, it's on the way :)

It is being worked on. I am requiring some changes to the PCB for reliability and this will require me to bring in a large quantity to have the changes made - that is the hold up.

The 2000D will likely replace the SAZ-1500D entirely when it debuts, and a larger SAE Class-D amp will be released in it's place.

i know this is really getting ahead of ourselves but ur saying that the saz1500d will be replaced by a saz2k....will the saz1500d be replaced by a bigger sae amp???and also will the sae1000d be replaced altogether??

i know this is really getting ahead of ourselves but ur saying that the saz1500d will be replaced by a saz2k....will the saz1500d be replaced by a bigger sae amp???and also will the sae1000d be replaced altogether??

Yep. SAZ-1500D will be replaced by 2000D. Several hundred more SAZ-1500Ds will be sold before this happens, so don't start sweating.

1500-watt level amp replaced by SAE model (called 1200D, but will be quite underrated, have tested proto around 1500 watts actual)

1000-watt level amp replaced by new SAE model (called 800D, but about equal to current 1000D in output)

The new "800D" will cost less than the current 1000D but do about the same actual power. The SAE amps will no longer be strappable but will accept high level inputs directly and will have RCA outs to "daisy chain" but not strap.

Don't ask me for ETAs - reason why I have not talked more about these amps is I don't have ETAs yet.

sounds nice....

I think so :) The new SAE-1200 has been abuse tested in a vehicle for a bit over a month now. I'm very pleased with it. Very strong amp.

The SAE-800D model is in development and will be about the same size as the current SAE-1000D, about the same actual output, and cost less.

While we're on the subject of new amps, how about those new 2ch and 4ch amps?

I vote 5 channel!!!!!!!

something like 130 x 4 @ 4 and 1200 x 1 @ 1, be perfect for half of the audio world and with the known sundown quality, that'd be a hell of a daily amp.

Jacob if you're hiding one of those on me, give it to me now, cuz I'm looking for 5 channels

good luck w/ the 5k btw, glad to see sundown expanding, great people involved are helping the reputation of sundown a ton.

Since it was brought up I also would be for a 5 channel amplifier. They work very well in a daily driver where you don't have lots of room to mount multiple amps.

It's going to be hard getting used to all these new amps coming out. Bang for the buck will come by way of the "SAE" line, and prolly make the company the most $. The "SAZ" line will continue to impress for their low load stability, high power output, and overbuilt yet simple design that has created a strong reputation for the name SUNDOWN.

I wish the best for sundown for many years to come. Makes sense to me why you take the directions you do. A balance between what's best for the company & what the customer wants will prevail in my book.

While we're on the subject of new amps, how about those new 2ch and 4ch amps?

In the works. Again, no ETAs yet but the SAE multi-channels are still planned as well as the SAX-250.2 model. Unfortunately, the 250.2 is going to be such a niche amp it is taking a back seat to other amps that will be much more popular.

-----

brutalfriend,

I've been working on some 5-channel prototypes - none that large. I do think a 5-channel of ~75-90 x 4 and ~500 x 1 would sell nicely, though.

An amp like you are talking about would be so large it would be difficult to mount for many people, two separate amps would be easier to find places for (eg: one under each seat).

-----

Earthman,

I have alot of things planned :) Expanding the SAE line is a big priority right now - dealers ask me about expanding this line more than anything else! The SAE-50.4 will likely be the first multi-channel in the SAE line to debut.

jacob pm sent

damn all this ive been reading about sundown is very nice.... might do an amp change down the road. we'll see

I hope this SAZ-2000D doesn't cost significantly more then the SAZ-1500D. The SAZ-1500D goes for a great price, it fits comfortably in my "affordable" range. Too much higher and the numbers start getting scary, regardless of value, if that makes sense. Some people want the options that the SAZ line afford, yet don't currently need that extra 500 watts, or want to pay for it. 1500 watts sits perfectly with a loaded Fi BL as well.

wow sounds like some great plans for the future a nice 5 channel would be sweet. Another reason you cant beat sundown always listening and taking input from his customers. Sundown ftw

I hope this SAZ-2000D doesn't cost significantly more then the SAZ-1500D. The SAZ-1500D goes for a great price, it fits comfortably in my "affordable" range. Too much higher and the numbers start getting scary, regardless of value, if that makes sense. Some people want the options that the SAZ line afford, yet don't currently need that extra 500 watts, or want to pay for it. 1500 watts sits perfectly with a loaded Fi BL as well.

The SAE-1200D will do every bit of 1500 watts, in a daily 1 ohm setup it is not audibly different from an SAZ-1500D. It's a surprisingly strong amp and will come at a very good price. The upcoming "1200D" is so only in name - it hits over-current protection at 1600 watts output :)

The SAZ-2000D will retail for $849 - the pricing scales in a linear fashion with power output.

Will there be a decrease in price on SAE-1000D's to get rid of the old stock? :D

(if so I'm all over it)

yea its called by mines so i can get a 1500d

lol :D

Will there be a decrease in price on SAE-1000D's to get rid of the old stock? :D

(if so I'm all over it)

There will not, until the new models are out the 1000D is the current model - they will still be available for some time.

(if so I'm all over it)

There will not, until the new models are out the 1000D is the current model - they will still be available for some time.

eh worth a shot lol. I'll probably get another 1000D before they're discontinued.

In the works. Again, no ETAs yet but the SAE multi-channels are still planned as well as the SAX-250.2 model. Unfortunately, the 250.2 is going to be such a niche amp it is taking a back seat to other amps that will be much more popular.

:( the amp I'm looking most forward to, personally.

:( the amp I'm looking most forward to, personally.

Indeed... I want it too!

glad im over this one.

I've been working on some 5-channel prototypes - none that large. I do think a 5-channel of ~75-90 x 4 and ~500 x 1 would sell nicely, though.

i have been looking for 5 channel amps that are nice for a 2 way active/sub set up. seems like a 75x2,150x2,500x1 would be a great seller since everybody and their little sister are going active. there really isn't much available that is reputable and doesn't cost a grip.

Just pushing my luck... will there be any sale on the discontinued amp... .like the 1500?