Sign in to follow this  
iocca

big problem, no sound

i have had my fi q installed in my car for a few weeks. today i was listening to it pretty loud, but nothing too crazy when all the sudden it stopped. my power light on my amp is still lit up (jl1000.1), all wires are connected. any advice or thoughts on what happened?

check all of your connections, both inside and outside the box

also, try testing the output on the amp with a known working speaker.

check all of your connections, both inside and outside the box

also, try testing the output on the amp with a known working speaker.

and if its not that? i am trying to aviod pulling the screws and messing up the box if i dont have to. ill try the working speaker tomorrow. problem is going to be finding a speaker that can handle that amp. the amp is brand new as well.

Speaker will handle that amp fine, provided it is set up properly. If it is not set up properly and the volume knob gets a little happy...then it won't handle it.

Speaker will handle that amp fine, provided it is set up properly. If it is not set up properly and the volume knob gets a little happy...then it won't handle it.

like i said, it was up loud, but its been louder, it was nothing too crazy.

Take it out and look at it..let us know what you see.

Take it out and look at it..let us know what you see.

everything was connected. looked fine to me.

Test the resistance on the coils with a digital volt ohm meter. See what they read...

Test the resistance on the coils with a digital volt ohm meter. See what they read...

how do i do that. i have a multi meter but i have no idea how to use it.

set it to ohms( the horse shoe lookin symbol), and put the leads onto the + and - and see wat it reads

set it to ohms( the horse shoe lookin symbol), and put the leads onto the + and - and see wat it reads

while its hooked up to an amp or not?

one reads 1.1 the other gives an error. on my meter

Ok, now. Take the sub back out of the box if you put it back in. Take a 9 volt battery, put some speaker wire to the terminals (positive and negative) and then touch them to the little 9 volt battery. If you have it in phase and the coils are ok it will 'pop' out. Do this same thing for the other coil as well, just to make sure.

Ok, now. Take the sub back out of the box if you put it back in. Take a 9 volt battery, put some speaker wire to the terminals (positive and negative) and then touch them to the little 9 volt battery. If you have it in phase and the coils are ok it will 'pop' out. Do this same thing for the other coil as well, just to make sure.

what do you mean if i have it in phase?

one pops the other one doesnt.

The same one that gave an error on the multimeter, correct?

The same one that gave an error on the multimeter, correct?

correct.

How much for a recone? :D

im assuming i need a recone? and if so how much am i looking at? im assuming shipping isnt going to be fun on this either.

Nuked one of the coils..somehow :).

Recone for the Q 12 is $75 + shipping...

son of a biscuit. shipping both ways or just to you? im in 85259. let me know how much im looking for shipping and all.

son of a biscuit. shipping both ways or just to you? im in 85259. let me know how much im looking for shipping and all.

beuller, beuller, anyone anyone?

Sign in to follow this