scizzle

FI vs SSA

So why is this forum host of two different brands did the creator of one company buy out the other one or something?

The subs look almost the same.

thay are made by diffrent people... at diffrent locations... with diffrent peramiters.. with diffrent parts...... o yeah by the way thay are diffrent subs :D

but i know what you mean.. there are sub companys that make many subs lines...

if you wanna hear secrets about FI just ask.

So why is this forum host of two different brands did the creator of one company buy out the other one or something?

The subs look almost the same.

this forum only has 1 brand ssa fi is different and has nothing to do with ssa

if you wanna hear secrets about FI just ask.

Ooo Tell me some secrets. LOL

when you buy an FI sub... you are buying what most people pay very high dollor for because it has another name stamped on it..........

FI offers you almost the same exact sub.. twiked just a little for legal reasons.. and thay sell it to you at somthing like a DIRECT FACTORY PRICE.... ya like that dontcha....

big name brand= 900

factory=500

when you buy an FI sub... you are buying what most people pay very high dollor for because it has another name stamped on it..........

FI offers you almost the same exact sub.. twiked just a little for legal reasons.. and thay sell it to you at somthing like a DIRECT FACTORY PRICE.... ya like that dontcha....

big name brand= 900

factory=500

I like these kinds of secrets, Keep them coming.

big name brand= 900

factory=500

What other name? :shrug:

big name brand= 900

factory=500

I like these kinds of secrets, Keep them coming.

well... lets talk about what you want in a sub anyway... are you tryin to pick one... or are you just asking a question because you seen two sub names that are lading the topics here???/

cause there are many diffrent lines of car audio..... subs... amps... and all that

big name brand= 900

factory=500

if you turn some stones you will find out.....

bigjon you have said too much already..anymore and we may have to have you...."erased" :snipersmilie:

lol nah.. its not like that.. its a pretty well known fact... i just dont wanna talk to much :wackit:

does fi have a website... :deadhorse:

yes but you need to have the secret decoder ring to find it..

big name brand= 900

factory=500

I have seen alot of subs that are fi look a likes but I cant think of one that is almost twice the price.

big name brand= 900

factory=500

I have seen alot of subs that are fi look a likes but I cant think of one that is almost twice the price.

its just a price range.. not cement. lol... name a few you think maybe the same

big name brand= 900

factory=500

its just a price range.. not cement. lol... name a few you think maybe the same

OK, how about 30% of the woofers on the market today. 60% share the same basket.

Are you talking about RE Audio? I know that Scott use to own RE and sold it to start Fi. I didnt know they charged more for there woofers. I only see the RE's on ebay and they seem reasonable. But getting it direct with a good warranty is preferable.

The analogy that is being drawn here is flawed. It is sort of like saying all underhung drivers are identical since the technology is mature and has been around a long time. No matter who builds what, it is VERY easy to alter the drivers response in many different ways. To assume that two things built in the same buildhouse are the same driver is a HUGE misconception. The one thing is for sure the build quality of both the Fi and SSA drivers is outstanding. They aren't some cheap chinese build house crap.

SSA the speaker company is separate from SoundSolutionsAudio the forum. Yes, SSA subs have a forum section on the SoundSolutionsAudio forum, but they are two different things (one a privately owned company the other a public forum).

In addition to what bigjohn said, you also are not paying for the name on SSA sub woofers, so the performance per dollar ratio is high compared to big name brands.

The analogy that is being drawn here is flawed. It is sort of like saying all underhung drivers are identical since the technology is mature and has been around a long time. No matter who builds what, it is VERY easy to alter the drivers response in many different ways. To assume that two things built in the same buildhouse are the same driver is a HUGE misconception. The one thing is for sure the build quality of both the Fi and SSA drivers is outstanding. They aren't some cheap chinese build house crap.

Liar , you know something that looks like something else has to be the same :)

I was merely talking cosmetics. I know they are all different and made for different purposes. But aint no one made a drive yet like funky pup's

I was merely talking cosmetics. I know they are all different and made for different purposes. But aint no one made a drive yet like funky pup's

:404:

But aint no one made a drive yet like funky pup's

Yeah they did , the drivers with the funky pup logo were sold under a few different brands. They were just the only idiots to use a puppy logo :)