Sign in to follow this  
denalilvr

how many feet do you think

heres the situation..from my battery under the hood to the back of my truck is about 10 feet..but im giving a extra 3 feet better to have more then less..and im also running 2 batteries under the hood with 2 batteries in the back..now keep in mind i have never installed my own stuff ive always had people i know and trust do it..so im just buying the wires for them..so by my calculations i should need somewhere around 25-30 feet of 0 guage wire to fulfill this project? by the way the 2 batteries in front will be about 4 feet apart from each other..1 on each side and in the back the other 2 batteries will be next to each other.and there will be 2 amps back there has well..currently i have 60 feet of 0 guage kicker wire..

Edited by denalilvr

Why not just get a full spool? You're already on the large side of the wire. Might as well just get 50'.

Why not just get a full spool? You're already on the large side of the wire. Might as well just get 50'.

cause its a rip off..lol a 50 foot spool cost $250 i am getting these kits for $85 shipped 3 kits will give me 60 feet of the 0 guage not to mention a load of everyone else for only $5 more

cause its a rip off..lol a 50 foot spool cost $250 i am getting these kits for $85 shipped 3 kits will give me 60 feet of the 0 guage not to mention a load of everyone else for only $5 more

www.knukonceptz.com

50 foot of the flekz cable is only $150 bucks....good stuff!

Buy a 100' spool of string (maybe $2?).

Use it to determine how long your runs need to be.

Run wires.

The end.

so you guys are saying i need more then 60 feet?

No, I think you're just complicating things. You should have stated up front that you had 60 feet of power wire already. Your 60 feet should be MORE than enough.

Edited by Big E

Run wires.

The end.

i did that i came up with about 32 feet..but i just want to make sure there will be no surprises..

Run wires.

The end.

i did that i came up with about 32 feet..but i just want to make sure there will be no surprises..

You have 3 of those Kicker 0 gauge kits, correct?

That would mean you have 120 ft of wire....you're BEYOND set. You can probably sell one of those kits, or hold it for later use.

ya i think i have enough..has of right now i got 69 feet of 0 guage actually not the 60 feet i thought i had..