Sign in to follow this  
elmor001

Mach 5 spl subwoofer for daily driver?

I was wondering if the spl subwoofer line by mach 5 is strickly for spl because I would like to use one in a daily setup. If you have one or heard one, what do they sound like? For example, could you compare them to say a Type R? I already know Mark's opinion, but I would like a few others

while i cant say how well it sounds because i havent heard one personally, but from the few reviews i have read people say they were surprised by how it sounded for being a spl sub...i know that doesnt help you much bro but hopefully some users chime in for ya

i think they sound great for daily and please never ever ever ever use type r and mach 5 in the same sentence ever again

i think they sound great for daily and please never ever ever ever use type r and mach 5 in the same sentence ever again

Haha what if I was putting one in an acura type r? no really what do you think............you know could the spl as sound clean/ get decent low end.......that sort of stuff

Haha what if I was putting one in an acura type r? no really what do you think............you know could the spl as sound clean/ get decent low end.......that sort of stuff

its all in the box man. I have my box tuned around 38 and i think it get very low while still sounding great for a SPL driver

Personally, I'd go with the IXL series for daily use. Type R? Anything Mark sells would wipe its ass with one.

Personally, I'd go with the IXL series for daily use. Type R? Anything Mark sells would wipe its ass with one.

Yeah but judging from your signature, I'd say you're more into sq than me

Can I ask how much power you have on tap?

Can I ask how much power you have on tap?

It's a hifonics Bxi 1606 which is supposed to 1600 watts but it's probably more like 1200watts, but I'll upgrade if I get this bad boy

Edited by elmor001

Redonkulus. You asked in the thread title for "sq wise"

It will also have more output than you type aaaarrrrgh. If you wanna be a pirate though and buy the shined up sparkley woofer do it. Just realise you are rationalizing your purchase and not getting what you could have.

Redonkulus. You asked in the thread title for "sq wise"

It will also have more output than you type aaaarrrrgh. If you wanna be a pirate though and buy the shined up sparkley woofer do it. Just realise you are rationalizing your purchase and not getting what you could have.

I just want to know if it is good enough to play in a daily system as I have never bought a spl sub before. I figured the type r would be a good standard to judge sq against as most everyone has heard them. I know the mach5 would dominate in loudness, but that's not what I'm asking

Edited by elmor001

:+1: for daily. I'm lovin mine so much I think I might put it into retirement in a glass case. IMO it's the perfect all around sub.

:+1: for daily. I'm lovin mine so much I think I might put it into retirement in a glass case. IMO it's the perfect all around sub.

what he said

I had the SPL12 in a large low tuned box. Did well for daily, will it win world SQ finals? No, but did much better then expected and better then other SPL drivers.

But as said above, and with your power, I think an IXL might be the better choice for you. Great driver, can get down real low no sweat and will be more suited for daily needs.

The IXL will soak that power up and not only be loud but sound stellar doing it. If you want to run the SPL daily then you will build a daily box for it which in turn will limit its output. Why not start with a driver that is meant to be in a daily box?