Nikuk

Who can recone a TC9 Motor these days?

My old Uberwoofer has really seen better days. There is tear in the surround, dents in the cone, oh and it survived a high temp garage fire as well as subsequent water immersion.

Last I knew (circa 2005), RE among others were willing to do one off woofer rebuilds...

I haven't followed CA very much at all in the last couple of years, but anyone have recommendations on rebuilding this old girl?

SQ biased... SPL is for noobs :P

-Nick

NICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How's married life??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Can't complain. Shes the best thing I ever did. ;)

Spent the last couple of years buying a house, rebuilding it, and the usual. Oh, and I've gone through a few turbofords in that time too. :)

Sir Nick, we are going to have to demand some pictures of said turbo's.

Anyway, as for the recone, Fi has done a good bunch of them. There is a guy who reconed a TC-9 with Icon softparts. Aptly dubbed it the Tcon. Loves it so much, I think it will go 6' under with him. But not sure who would be able to do a similar aluminum cone and surround like the uber. I think the captain might be the only other SSA member with one left, unless X-over has one or maybe Ryan.

Nickuk...damn man, long time no see!

Sir Nick, we are going to have to demand some pictures of said turbo's.

Anyway, as for the recone, Fi has done a good bunch of them. There is a guy who reconed a TC-9 with Icon softparts. Aptly dubbed it the Tcon. Loves it so much, I think it will go 6' under with him. But not sure who would be able to do a similar aluminum cone and surround like the uber. I think the captain might be the only other SSA member with one left, unless X-over has one or maybe Ryan.

I kinda figured I was just going to end up with completely different soft parts on the top half. :(