Sign in to follow this  
KU40

Sports

just curious about what sports people are in to and what teams they like. Personally I'm on cloud 9 since KU just won the basketball national championship (I graduated from there in December)! And before that the football team won the Orange bowl! I play basketball 3-4 times a week at the rec gym on campus and I tried out for the KU team my sophomore year. Though that's pretty meaningless unless you make it, right? ha. But it was awesome getting some instruction from Danny Manning.

I follow the Atlanta Braves. I was hooked since the mid 90's when I found every one of their games on TBS. But now that Ted Turner decided to make some changes they aren't on really at all, and that sucks. I don't like to watch much NBA because I don't think it's very good basketball for the most part, but I like the Phoenix Suns now because they have Shaq. I've followed him his whole career (have a poster of him being the number 1 pick), so I have old Magic, Lakers, and Heat stuff, and just picked up my first Suns shirt/shorts. ha. in the NFL.....I don't really root for many people in particular. I've lost interest in my home-area KC Chiefs. So I just like watching good teams that are fun to watch, like the Colts, Patriots, Packers (always been a fan of Favre, too. but now he's gone so who knows how that'll go), Vikings (I knew Peterson would be a stud from his days at Oklahoma and was just waiting for him to get his chance to break out early this last year), etc. used to like watching the Falcons for Vick, but now......yeah obviously not.

everyone will come to think im crazy..i live in illinois keep in mind..lived here for last 25 years..but im a yankees fan..been one since 1995..since derek jeter came aboard..and love watching jason giambi hit..to be honest i dont like arod..i dont feel he deserves the money or fame..he has done nothing for us or any other team yet and gets treated like hes won the last 5-6 word series..for football i love the greenbay packers..yes yes i said it im a die hard brett favre fan..been watching these guys since 1995 and love it..watched them like they where the superbowl champs even thru the 4-12 seasons we had..for basketball im a tim duncan fan..i feel hes one of the most selfliss(sp) people in the game and he deserves every award he has been given..i cant say im a spurs fan because honestly i dont care for parker and manu and the rest..but since i side with duncan so much you will see me cheer for spurs just cause i want him to win..i dont really care for soccer..i just started watching hockey but i havent found a team id like to get behind yet..lol

ugh, I hate the spurs. probably from the shaq in LA days. and I don't know why, but I hate Tim Duncan. I say I don't know why because I watched a special on him that showed his life growing up and all, and he seems like a cool guy and down to earth. and he is respectful on the court and doesn't talk trash like 98% of the people, which is something I really like in a basketball player. But for some reason I just have this deep seeded hatred for him. ha.

and I like Arod, though I haven't really followed him for the past few years. I just liked him back in the day when he was in the same lineup as Ken Griffey JR, who is one of my faves of all time.

i know what you mean i feel the same hatred for kobe bryant..i cant stand his ass..hes to arrogant and thinks his chit dont smell..

Yeah it was really funny, the other day I was reading an article on espn.com from a former lakers player, Paul Shirley, who was only in their camp for like 10 days once in 2001 or something like that, about his Lakers experience. Anyways, he said "My hotel room is awesome. The Lakers' charter jet is awesome. Shaquille O'Neal is awesome. Kobe Bryant's personality is not awesome." haha.

just curious about what sports people are in to and what teams they like. Personally I'm on cloud 9 since KU just won the basketball national championship (I graduated from there in December)! And before that the football team won the Orange bowl! I play basketball 3-4 times a week at the rec gym on campus and I tried out for the KU team my sophomore year. Though that's pretty meaningless unless you make it, right? ha. But it was awesome getting some instruction from Danny Manning.

I follow the Atlanta Braves. I was hooked since the mid 90's when I found every one of their games on TBS. But now that Ted Turner decided to make some changes they aren't on really at all, and that sucks. I don't like to watch much NBA because I don't think it's very good basketball for the most part, but I like the Phoenix Suns now because they have Shaq. I've followed him his whole career (have a poster of him being the number 1 pick), so I have old Magic, Lakers, and Heat stuff, and just picked up my first Suns shirt/shorts. ha. in the NFL.....I don't really root for many people in particular. I've lost interest in my home-area KC Chiefs. So I just like watching good teams that are fun to watch, like the Colts, Patriots, Packers (always been a fan of Favre, too. but now he's gone so who knows how that'll go), Vikings (I knew Peterson would be a stud from his days at Oklahoma and was just waiting for him to get his chance to break out early this last year), etc. used to like watching the Falcons for Vick, but now......yeah obviously not.

I went to highschool with Julian Wright. Great basketball player and even better person.

heck yeah he is. I played with/against him at the rec center a couple times. real down to earth and a little playful/goofy. I've been following him all year with the Hornets and am glad they're doing well in the playoffs so hopefully I can watch him/them since networks show more playoff than regular season action.

I'm watching the Suns/Spurs game and it's almost unwatchable because of the same hack-a-shaq "strategy" used by Popovich as last game. Yes, I agree with the announcers when they say that the rules shouldn't be changed just because one guy doesn't have the skill set for free throws. However, it is obviously an intentional foul! I don't know how you can't call it as such? That should be a free throw plus the ball every time. It's so aggrevating. If you want to foul him when he gets the ball every time, fine. But not away from the ball.

Guys like Bill Simmons (aka the sports guy for those who read espn.com) says he can't believe when people say that college ball is better than NBA ball because the NBA has such greater talent. Sure, it does. But in college they don't play this crap. In college, teams win because they are a TEAM and play with good fundamentals. College is much better.

im loving the spurs/suns game..while i really want grant hill to get a ring, just not at the expense of tim duncan..and lets be honest..its not cause of "hack-a-shaq" that the suns are down 20 points..

Edited by denalilvr

College...VT.

Pro...Boston.

'nuff said.

Like to play: softball, tennis, golf, volleyball, foosball (is that a sport?)

Like to watch...

Pro Football: Broncos (AFC), Redskins (NFC)

Pro Baseball: Atlanta Braves... when I enjoyed baseball, not so much anymore. I miss Maddux, Smoltzie, Glavine and Avery/Smith/Neagle.

Pro Basketball: San Antonio Spurs. How can you not enjoy and appreciate watching the greatest _fundamental_ player since Oscar Robertson?

College Football: Georgia Tech (I'm a ramblin' wreck from Georgia Tech and a helluva engineer... )

College Basketball: Anyone from the ACC (except former Big East)

P.S. AFAIK, Ted Turner hasn't owned the Braves or TBS in years.

Pro Baseball: Atlanta Braves... when I enjoyed baseball, not so much anymore. I miss Maddux, Smoltzie, Glavine and Avery/Smith/Neagle.

P.S. AFAIK, Ted Turner hasn't owned the Braves or TBS in years.

I sure miss that pitching lineup too. At least they still have smoltz now and he's still as good as ever. And Hudson is a very quality #2. I just wish Hampton would get over his injuries. I thought he was really good and thought it was a great pickup by the Braves, but two years later and still nothing. I still have hope though. and they have a host of young talent for starting pitching. Now if only they could get a bullpen.

I've forgotten the details of the Turner/Braves/TBS deal, but I know they were on it last year because I remember thinking I needed to enjoy every game that was on because it would be the last year for it. and I sure have missed it. although I have less patience to watch a whole game now than I used to so maybe it's not as big of a loss as I thought.

Sports Teams-

Soccer (International): Inter Milan

Soccer (MLS): D.C. United

Soccer (Indoor): Baltimore Blast (just won championship again)

Pro Football: Baltimore Ravens

College Football: University of Maryland Terrapins

Baseball (MLB): Baltimore Orioles

Basketball (NBA): Washington Wizards

Basketball (NCAA, mens): University of Maryland Terrapins

Lacrosse (NCAA, mens): Loyola/Hopkins/UMD/Salisbury

Ultimate Frisbee: Salisbury University

College (D2): Grand Valley State University

College Football (D1): Univ. of Michigan

College Basketball (D1): Univ. of North Carolina

NBA: Detroit Pistons

NFL: Chicago Bears