snb778

NEEDED: Plans for a box design 2 15" Type R's

Whats up guys.

I am going to try to build my own box. I have only built like 2 before, but I want to give it another try. I was wondering who can I Pay to design a box for me for 2 15" Type R's... If you are interested, or have worked with these before please let me know, or send me a PM.. Thanks.

Steve-o

i'm sure someone on here can help you out with a box design for free. But you need to give us some more information. Size you are going to work with, what tuning you are looking at.

and if you don't know the tuning

maybe give us the genre of music its based for, your listening preference, if its an SPL, daily box

a few details like that

DIMENSIONS: D=26.5 W=39.5 H= 15

Here is a vid of my current setup just so whoever designs it, knows what im used to so you can design accordingly. http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=310658

I listed mostly to rap... I don't need it to be Huge on the Mic., but I like it to be loud to my ear...know what I mean. That box is tuned to 32hz...but I think I like the sound of 35-40hz tuning better...so I'd say I prefer like 38-40. I don't know how to build a curved port though, so I'd just be looking for a slot port design. Thanks

u dont have enuff room to port 2 type r 15's u need 7 cubes after sub and port displacement...u only working with 7.2 be4 sub and port displacement

if u take them into effect ...u will be 5cubes after port and sub displacment and that tuned to 33hz

wow really!? i thought those dims were like 8.? cu. ft.! im surprised they perform the way they do then

what is the equation? 26.5 X 39.5 X 15=15,701/ <-------?

Edited by snb778

i did internal using 3/4 inch wood

wow.. I wonder if I could get the same output with 1 in a big box ( and i'd have my trunk back)

wow.. I wonder if I could get the same output with 1 in a big box ( and i'd have my trunk back)

No you won't. You need to find a set of drivers you actually have space for.

No you won't. You need to find a set of drivers you actually have space for.

I know.. I just want to try a higher tuned box first to see if I like it since it would only cost me the price of the box to build...

I really want to try 2 15" FI Q's SEALED...someone said those don't need as much space ported either so I could try em both :-)

I wouldn't compare the Q to the R. Two different worlds, one of them actually sounds good.

well I love the volume of the R's, but I love feeling the punch of a sub.. also. So I think the Q's will give me the best of both worlds...

I got a design guys. I am going to try another box for the R's tuned at 38hz, and if that doesnt do it, ill sell em and shop for something else.

quick questions guys...

I had a box designed with a height of 15" and a port length of 13.5" BUT the design didnt account for carpet... SO, if I drop the height to 14.5", do I need to lengthen the port dimension, or shorten it by 1/2", or other...??

bump.. someone please...

SNB

I think you're best bet would be to not use the aarrrrgh's

well I like how they perform now, im pretty happy with them so I want to try to use a different box first, and if that doesnt do it for me then I will change... I've been more on the SPL street beater side for a while, but there have been a few other systems i've heard more LSQ oriented that i've like just as well, and gotten just as loud.. Ex. 4x 10" HX2's sealed... to the ear it was louder than my current system, but i think I got an advantage at the mic... BUT, thats not what im lookin for. I want loud to the ear/feel it in my chest, NOT loud at the mic. (within reason)

Edited by snb778