Sign in to follow this  
not-ewrx

Need Atlal 15 Enclosure size

I still have one of AA Atlas 15's and I am looking to make a new/ better fiting box for it. I wish to make a sealed box but do not know what the recomended enclosure size is. I tried Emailing Acendant directly with no responce. If anyone has the specs please chime in.

Thanks, Erik.

Please help, I want to build this tonight. It's in the WRX, It's going into the Green subi.

P5010100.jpg

No clue, never touched one of the subs and I don't have any of the old data for them...

Scott won't be back into town until Monday, so i really don't know what to tell you about it, i know nothing about the older AA subs as far as boxes go...

You may be able to search around on google or something of that nature..

Thanks!

-Nick

No clue, never touched one of the subs and I don't have any of the old data for them...

Scott won't be back into town until Monday, so i really don't know what to tell you about it, i know nothing about the older AA subs as far as boxes go...

You may be able to search around on google or something of that nature..

Thanks!

-Nick

I have been trying that with no luck. That's actually what lead me here. Is a sealed box really going to mater what the volume is. I think I might just shoot for an even number like 2 or 3 feet.

2 cubes sealed on a SSD 15 is fine, but like I said I don't know anything about the sub right off hand....

That was off of AA old site. They used to have the enclosure sizes linked on there as well. I think mine is set to low qts.

I know that was AA's old site.

But the host of "internet archive" didn't save the page w/ recommended enclosure sizes.

At least you have the specs to work off of now.

^^^ yeah ture but I don't know how to size the enclosure from those specs. Can some one help me there?

well since i own 2 AA atlas's and have one in my car right now i can tell you what i've found to work for me. first i tried a 2.5cf box then adjusted the qts, low qts was very punchy great for rock/techno/ anything with a fast beat but the low end spl fell off some and overall loudness went down. with the high qts the lows were excellent, had great authority and sounded awsome, the sub still sounds good on rock but noweher near as punchy as low qts. i added 1lb of pollyfill to the box and high qts came alive, the lows got even better and output increased slightly, enough to notice, so i tired low qts with the added pollyfill and it helped the lows some but not enough to meet my desires. so the box i have now in my car is 2.5cf with one pound of polly fill with the high qts, this to me gives the best overall output with best low end and still has pretty decent punch for rock. hope this helps if not ask more questions i'll be happy to help. also if you ever want another let me know since i have one for sale.

Bump> I'd still like to know the recomended size of the enclosure I should build.

How would the polyfil translate to how many cubic feet I should be looking for?

I believe I tested one out in 2.5 cuft sealed when I made the first couple of protos a few years back for Chad. Did that in half plane and then some home listening tests. I liked the sound of it in that.

How much power do you have?

Thanks,

Scott

Bump> I'd still like to know the recomended size of the enclosure I should build.

How would the polyfil translate to how many cubic feet I should be looking for?

i think 1lb of pollyfill= .5 more cf but im not sure. honestly i'd start at 3cf if you don't like it add braces or books or anything to take up space lowering the overall cf till you like it, thats all i can suggest.

Sign in to follow this