P2KMax

lil problem startin to piss me off

Everytime i shut the car off while the radio is on i get a big BOOM sound outta my subs i check the ground and its not it i added another battery thinkin that was gonna stop the BOOM made it worst i dont know what is going on my best bet is thats it the HU i have a EQ hook up as well and wen i turn on the car the EQ lights up 1st then the radio take a good 2 min to get going could it be that i wired somethin up wrong and its causeing a big boom sound?

go to Stinger's website. I believe they have a device used to fix that.

If they don't, just search on a car audio site for anti-thump or thump delay or turn off delay.

redo your head unit and EQ ground as well. your radio takes 2 minutes to get going? What is it? That's abnormal.

i missed that part.

IS everything ran through the same turn on wire and if it is what wire is that?

Edited by shizzzon

that's what i use... although mine is massive.

normaly cheap amps will give you the thump.

and expensive ones give you destruction.

Just take the remote wire off the amp while its playing to turn it off, will tell you if it is the amp.

dont do it at full tilt though.

Also, you gotta be careful not to touch ground.

a LOT easier way to do it is to take some spare wire like a few inches long and run it into the remote line.

Then splice this wire with your actual remote wire and leave it bare, just dont ground it out.

Start to play somethin then unsplice the wire slowly, don't wanna jerk it and cause it to ground out on somethin.

Edited by shizzzon

why would you ground it out!!!!... i just keep reading ground.. when imo we should not be...

the problem that you have is called turn on/off noise.. it was a problem with some older amps.... OR CHEAP AMPS>...... it will pop even with the radio off...... or even with the RCAs not even on,..... you can just use a jumper wire... jump from your 12v input.. over to your remote..... if it "pops" or bumps what ever you wanna call it.. you know it will be your amp... what kinda amp is it again

You are not suppose to, I'm warning him NOT TO!!!!!

The remote wire is just as active as the power wire because it actually is a power wire, just used for a different purpose.

So do NOT ground the remote wire... be very careful.

why would you ground it out!!!!... i just keep reading ground.. when imo we should not be...

the problem that you have is called turn on/off noise.. it was a problem with some older amps.... OR CHEAP AMPS>...... it will pop even with the radio off...... or even with the RCAs not even on,..... you can just use a jumper wire... jump from your 12v input.. over to your remote..... if it "pops" or bumps what ever you wanna call it.. you know it will be your amp... what kinda amp is it again

its an audiobahn amp and i jump it like you said and its not popin no more im guessin its the headuint its some vr3 pos from walmart i just notice with the voulme set a 5 i can hear the cd spining its a pos hu :bull: :bull: :bull: :bull:

yea i got the funds just now the issue is breakin this headunit since the wife was the one who bought it was a gift for v day ill toss a few pennies in there it should help the process